Supercabs with window deflectors -any pictures?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Of course I'm partial to scabs but man, oh, man, that's a really nice looking truck!

The color really pops in your pics. =)
Thanks Bro!
Sponsored

ThatsAMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger Lariat 4x4, Triumph Bonneville T120
Holding up well so far - and it's been through 2 New England winters. I like these larger ones as a throwback to when I was a kid.

They're also holding up to direct pressure washing - maybe washed a dozen times with an 1,100 PSI gun with a 40° tip held as close as an inch away (blasting bug guts off).

This only came as a two piece for the scab. I know that some brands give you "fake" ones for the smaller non-opening rear windows for a consistent look, but for me, these are great and do allow some airflow in the summer (or to leave cracked on above-freezing days to help dry out all the melted snow on the mats!). =)

Hmm, that link in my original post seems to only go to low profile ones. If I remember right, these were called their "original" model. Lemme take a look ...

Dang, I can't find those "original" ones, looks like https://www.autoventshade.com/ is no longer around! Must have been bought by RealTruck.

This group seems to have 10 left for scab Rangers, crud, maybe I should get a set for a few years down the road ...

https://www.partcatalog.com/avs-original-vent-visors.html

UPDATE: maybe I don't need to worry about having a spare:

American-made acrylic does NOT yellow in the sunlight. Witness the protective canopies and bubbles in the World War II bombers- they are still clear after 50 years in the sun! There are three other clear plastics that do yellow in the sun and get confused with acrylic- Styrene, PETG, and Polycarbonate.
Ended up ordering from the link provided. I'll post a couple pictures once it comes in the mail!
Thanks, @subquark !

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ok do these cut down on the wind noise when the windows are open? How about wind flow in the cabin? What about if it's raining does any water drip in the cabin? Do I really need to get more stuff for my Ranger???????????? I am already in the poor house. LOL
Sorry I didn't see this earlier ...

As to wind noise, I think it may add a small amount, but no whistling or anything different than regular wind noises like mirrors make.

No water drips in when driving or parked and I'll leave it as much as an inch down. It would take a driving rain to get in there. I'll routinely leave it 3/4" with no concerns.

LOL, yes to getting more stuff! =p

The only thing I wish I had done was pull off that pillar sticker to reveal more Race Red paint like @Grumpaw has done.

The 3M tape has held up very well so far. =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
So here are a zillion pics of the AVS "originals" on Soupie.

down about an inch and a half, fine for "normal" rain
20240301_084902.jpg

often like this in summer, especially at the boat ramp while kayaking
20240301_084921.jpg

these next ones are about an inch down, could use a Sharpie to black out the tape
20240301_085018.jpg

again an inch down
20240301_085027.jpg

never been an issue when driving at 70 mph open like this in the rain
20240301_085044.jpg

window is down about an inch here too
20240301_085052.jpg

passenger side, window is up (I take no responsibility for the filth, once @AzBugGuy dropped, so did my truck hygiene ...) =p
20240301_085109.jpg

I'll try @Grumpaw's idea that the decal should tear up here but will wait until warmer summer weather to peel off this pillar decal or appliqué as the euphemism goes
20240301_085114.jpg

while these are not the slim ones, I think they surely allow more air flow
20240301_085118.jpg

dry fit them to see how they should be placed, before peeling off the backing, I peeled off like 3 inches and placed it on the door then kept pulling the tape back as I pressed it along the way (I think I started at the mirror and the instructions may have said to do it like that)
20240301_085122.jpg

they don't seem obtrusive to me, but then again, I also use a suicide knob and have a 20-foot chain hanging off the front shackles! =p
20240301_085126.jpg

and we all know how @DukeCanBuildit loves all the photos I post, so I thought I'd document his lifelong love of looking at Race Red Rangers ... here's Duke at a young and tender age
duke1.jpg

Duke as a young adult with a clear vision of his wants and desires
duke2.jpg

Duke at retirement a year or two back, achieving his dreams of viewing one million photos of Race Red Rangers
duke3.jpg

the future Duke, remembering the good old days and always steadfast with his love of Race Red Rangers: "I'm so glad Soupie came into my life, my life's been good"
duke4.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: