Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
. B&O might be optional on XLT
When I bought my truck the B&O upgraded sound system wasn't available on super cab models. No room for the sub behind the rear jump seats.
Sponsored

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
When I bought my truck the B&O upgraded sound system wasn't available on super cab models. No room for the sub behind the rear jump seats.
How are the headlights and fog lights is there a huge noticeable difference?

Reactions: Doc

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You're completely right. I forgot this was the supercab thread! No B&O on the supercabs!

trmkars

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.project395.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to upgrade my headlights! The difference was noticeable and huge! lol
No really the stock XLT headlights seem like candles when compared to the Lariat headlights.

1645063168722.png

( don't have any pictures to show the difference while driving, but believe me they the way to go! [thanks the lights Carl!])

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
I was able to upgrade my headlights! The difference was noticeable and huge! lol
No really the stock XLT headlights seem like candles when compared to the Lariat headlights.

1645063168722.png

( don't have any pictures to show the difference while driving, but believe me they the way to go! [thanks the lights Carl!])
Looks great how hard was it to do?

Reactions: Doc

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I have an xlt so I don't have the LED lights. I added LED bulbs to my fog lights. They sit low so even if the beam isn't correct it doesn't bother oncoming traffic. I went with dual LEDs so they have both white an yellow elements. When you first turn them on they are white. Flip them off an on they change to yellow. I like yellow for snow covered roads since for me the white reflects off the snow an the yellow shows the line marking better by adding some contrast.

I've never had LED headlights so I don't know what I'm missing. I'm just going to add the upgraded "silver star" replacement bulbs to the truck for a lighting upgrade.

trmkars

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.project395.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Stuff
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great how hard was it to do?
Thanks!
It wasn't too bad, but you do need to remove everything from the front of the truck to replace the headlights. I think it was under two hours of work, but I don't recall exactly.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I am new here but I'm days away from putting in an order for a 2022 2wd Lariat Scab 501a to replace my transit connect since my job title and duties have changed. I am a little stumped on the color though and have not seen a lot in person, I am deciding between Cactus Grey and Carbonized or Iconic, it will have the sport package and I know that adds some contrast. I am also wondering about the features included in this package compared to an XLT I am big into lighting and I know the Lariat LED lighting is not an option on the XLT.

vehicle2.png

vehicle1.png
Hey Lewis,

The XLT comes with a much nicer instrument cluster layout, the Lariat, meh. The rest of the Lariat features are great, especially the lighting, mirrors, and apparently, the visors? Sounds like you’d be happier with the Lariat. My vote for colour would be Carbonized, second choice Cactus. Either way, I’m sure you’ll love it.

It’s cool to see a Lariat Scab. I don’t think they’re available here in Canada. If they are, they‘re unicorns to me.

Lsteele87

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect
Occupation
Energy Management
Hey Lewis,

The XLT comes with a much nicer instrument cluster layout, the Lariat, meh. The rest of the Lariat features are great, especially the lighting, mirrors, and apparently, the visors? Sounds like you’d be happier with the Lariat. My vote for colour would be Carbonized, second choice Cactus. Either way, I’m sure you’ll love it.

It’s cool to see a Lariat Scab. I don’t think they’re available here in Canada. If they are, they‘re unicorns to me.
I am lucky that the boss let me build it and order it it sure will be a nice upgrade from the base Transit connect I'm in right now. And here in the states the lariat scabs are also rare not non-existent but I have only seen one or two in the past year around Arizona so if we ever needed to sell it it might be sought after LOL. I went with cactus Gray I think it will look good with the sport appearance and the rims that come with that.

jhowell9618

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4, 2005 Focus ZX4 ST
How about 2 generations of SuperCabs?
80FA0C28-B887-4D6B-A5D2-310DD2410460.jpeg

Left is my grandfather’s 2003 Edge 2wd with the 3.0 V6. It only has 19,000 miles and has been garage kept it’s whole life. He retired before he bought it so hasn’t really needed to use it much. Right is my 2020 XLT (which is a little dirty at the moment).
Apologies for not having a better picture. Bonus photobomb by my father’s 1999 Explorer.

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
How about 2 generations of SuperCabs?
80FA0C28-B887-4D6B-A5D2-310DD2410460.jpeg

Left is my grandfather’s 2003 Edge 2wd with the 3.0 V6. It only has 19,000 miles and has been garage kept it’s whole life. He retired before he bought it so hasn’t really needed to use it much. Right is my 2020 XLT (which is a little dirty at the moment).
Apologies for not having a better picture. Bonus photobomb by my father’s 1999 Explorer.
Sweet old Ranger! I loved the taller cabs.

acormier7

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
Occupation
Tool and Die Maker
I've has a supercab Rangrr on order since October. I never received confirmation or vin # from Ford. Or any correspondence for that matter. Dealer said there is a parts shortage for supercab's and had no idea when to expect it.
So I will be taking delivery of a 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab Pro4X today and couldn't be happier.
Wasn't totally thrilled about a 4 cylinder turbo. Call me a little old school. This will be my4th Nissan pick up and never had a link of trouble.

20220226_171726.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
I've has a supercab Rangrr on order since October. I never received confirmation or vin # from Ford. Or any correspondence for that matter. Dealer said there is a parts shortage for supercab's and had no idea when to expect it.
So I will be taking delivery of a 2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab Pro4X today and couldn't be happier.
Wasn't totally thrilled about a 4 cylinder turbo. Call me a little old school. This will be my4th Nissan pick up and never had a link of trouble.

20220226_171726.jpg
We put $$$ down for a can-am atv at the same time and hope to get it next summer. We love the turbo in the 2019 we got and its the 1st one we've ever owned. Got about 30K on it today.
Sponsored

Last edited: