Sponsored

Sun reflecting off the dash

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
248
Reaction score
1,015
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
Truck
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #1
I have a 21 Lariat. When driving down the road at certain times of day Nd in certain directions sun reflects off the trim below my sync screen effectively blinding me. The picture doesn't really show how bad it is..
20220715_121531.jpg



Anyone have a simple solution?
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker

THLONE

Well-Known Member
First Name
Thom
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Threads
10
Messages
1,456
Reaction score
2,180
Location
Tucson,AZ
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
1
What do you teach?
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I have a 21 Lariat. When driving down the road at certain times of day Nd in certain directions sun reflects off the trim below my sync screen effectively blinding me. The picture doesn't really show how bad it is..
20220715_121531.jpg



Anyone have a simple solution?
I believe that might be the Holy Light “shining on down” on your bezel. ;)
 


Joeiconic

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Threads
28
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
6,024
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have a 21 Lariat. When driving down the road at certain times of day Nd in certain directions sun reflects off the trim below my sync screen effectively blinding me. The picture doesn't really show how bad it is..
20220715_121531.jpg



Anyone have a simple solution?
yes, hold your hand up between the glare and your face. Just saved you a lot of money.
 
OP
OP

WV_Ranger

Banned
Banned
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
248
Reaction score
1,015
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Window tint might help. Maybe have a strip run across the top of the windshield to help with that high noon glare.
That is something I have considered. I may take the $10 gamble and try it.

I think to effectively block, the tint would have to go below the AS1 line. If it wasn't for yearly inspection and nite driving I'd just tint the whole windshield lol.
 

Tracy Bowman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tracy
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Threads
25
Messages
5,526
Reaction score
28,676
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have a 21 Lariat. When driving down the road at certain times of day Nd in certain directions sun reflects off the trim below my sync screen effectively blinding me. The picture doesn't really show how bad it is..
20220715_121531.jpg



Anyone have a simple solution?
Not being a smart aleck, but sunglasses would be a simple solution.

Oops, just saw BettaRanga’s post. :)
 
 








Top