Stedi - an Alternative to Lightforce

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Got my Stedi switches, mounted my trailer brake controller in it, along with two switches - one for my backup alarm and one for rear cargo lights (all 3 are yet to be installed...) Here's what the Stedi switch panel looks like. It just snaps into place, no need to disassemble the dash.

PXL_20210412_200452350.jpg

PXL_20210412_200430327.jpg

PXL_20210412_200254461.jpg
Sponsored

erikf

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
IT Guy
Hey Steve,
Did you get your Stedi switches installed okay?

I just got my switch plate today... when I get the bottom snapped in (or at least what feels like snapped in) as soon as I push the top part up into place the bottom pops out.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'm going to take the glove box & side facia out and see if I can get behind it.
thx!
ef

OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hey Steve,
Did you get your Stedi switches installed okay?

I just got my switch plate today... when I get the bottom snapped in (or at least what feels like snapped in) as soon as I push the top part up into place the bottom pops out.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'm going to take the glove box & side facia out and see if I can get behind it.
thx!
ef
Hi Eric. I haven't quite gotten around to it yet. I just figured out the wiring diagrams for my two switches today, should be installing tomorrow or Thursday. I haven't tried snapping the back hooks into the panel yet, just the front ones. I'll let you know if I have the same trouble you're having!

OP
OP
BowWow

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Mounted the faceplate and wired the trailer brake controller yesterday. Fair wrestling match, that. I did end up pulling the stock fascia and side panels off in order to cut a relief for the wiring that runs from the Stedi mount, and to run the trailer brake wires. It looks great, works great, but to do a clean, proper wiring install you pretty well need to pull the stock fascia off. This also allowed me to hook the lower mount hooks on the Stedi faceplate into the stock fascia easier. So, easy to mount, but if you want good clean wiring you still need to pull the factory fascia...
Sponsored