Stage 3's 2019-2020 Ranger DECKED System Review!

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
We've had DECKED's 2019-2020 Ford Ranger 5ft Bed Drawer System on our 2019 Ranger Build for a good bit now, and it was time for a review, which is now up on our YouTube channel.

If you're looking for a lot of secure bed storage for your truck, then the DECKED System is pretty awesome. If you need maximum bed depth for big cargo, then not so much. Still, if you're looking to throw some tools or gear for contracting or overlanding, then the DECKED system is pretty great. I do recommend getting the optional CoreTrax rails, even if they require drilling. Getting to the OEM tie downs can be a pain if you're throwing in large items.

Direct link to video.
Sponsored

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a bad setup. I've had mine in since last year but it could use to tweaks.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s definetly going to be a game changer for me, lots of room to store away items I previously used to shove under and on the rear seats!
the material seems very tough, hardware isnā€™t cheap, and easy install (Like IKEA)... just put on your favorite Pandora channel, have a six pack chilling in a cooler and follow the directions carefully or watch the stage3 video. @Jason@Stage3 (thank you)
pros - 1. high quality material 2. easy to install. 3. price is right 4. Plenty of room in each drawer. 5. the payload on top is 2000lbs which is really good. 6. like the bottle opener and the ruler on top.
7. Thereā€™s sufficient space above to still haul stuff as needed (thereā€™s about 9ā€ above to the top of the bed).

cons - 1. Shouldā€™ve extended the system to be closer to the tailgate (3ā€ gap) 2. Along the decked system, it isnā€™t flush to the bed walls, about 1/2ā€ of space. 3. The ammo cans could have been placed closer to the wall of the bed, I feel thereā€™s a bunch of wasted space in that area., which I think makes the ammo can a little slim.
4. I wish the hardware was metric lol ?.

Wish-list! 1. I hope they decide to create a rubber gasket or sealer for the edging around the decked system, to make it better in dusty conditions and not having crap fall in between. 2. Adding a rubber mat to place on top of the deck. 3. Team up with ford or Pelican to create a rail system that sits above On the bed wall, so that it can be utilized to strap down Stuff in the bed or to mount the new pelican overlanding cases coming out!
overall itā€™s a great system so far, Lots of space in the drawers, very rugged and tough material. I give 9 out of 10, could be 10 when some of my wish list ideas comes to fruition.

C0C0269A-B0D3-49C0-ACD9-1865AAAFB1BD.jpeg

A0D4D212-A1A5-460E-9F60-FFFB3B6CE700.jpeg

Last edited:

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with your assessment. There's lots of wasted space. And that gap all the way around the bed let's a wrench slide right in. Took me a while to get that one out with a magnet. I had one of my cordless tools shift and prevented a drawer from open. I had to disassemble the top portion to solve the issue.
DO NOT buy the tool boxes that are designed to go in the drawers. They waste lots of space too. Craftsman, Dewalt have better options.
Quite honestly if I could sell my setup without a heavy loss I would go a different route.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with your assessment. There's lots of wasted space. And that gap all the way around the bed let's a wrench slide right in. Took me a while to get that one out with a magnet. I had one of my cordless tools shift and prevented a drawer from open. I had to disassemble the top portion to solve the issue.
DO NOT buy the tool boxes that are designed to go in the drawers. They waste lots of space too. Craftsman, Dewalt have better options.
Quite honestly if I could sell my setup without a heavy loss I would go a different route.
Already bought the storage bins!

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Been hemming and hawing over this for quite some time. I like the whole concept and I can adapt things to keep junk from falling in.

BUT, what dissuades me is that if I want to get a load of gravel, mulch, etc... you're kinda SOL.. so my decision is still toward the nay side. Ugh.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Been hemming and hawing over this for quite some time. I like the whole concept and I can adapt things to keep junk from falling in.

BUT, what dissuades me is that if I want to get a load of gravel, mulch, etc... you're kinda SOL.. so my decision is still toward the nay side. Ugh.
You could always place a pvc plastic Sheet over the deck and entire bed, that would aid in not having all the gravel and mulch fall thru the openings!
Iā€™m doing some research now to add some weather rubber seals around the perimeter. For me itā€™ll help with the unwanted dust, and make the system more water resistant.

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
You can load any material on the Decked. Seal the gaps first or drop a tarp. You're not SOL. Frame metal sideboards that can be clamped on the bed rails, a headache rack bolted to protect the cab and you're all good.

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have three storage bins in the drawer along with the tray. The tray is screwed to the drawer and cut to allow the third box to fit.

IMG_20200603_164107219_HDR.jpg

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can load any material on the Decked. Seal the gaps first or drop a tarp. You're not SOL. Frame metal sideboards that can be clamped on the bed rails, a headache rack bolted to protect the cab and you're all good.
Still will lose depth. So would be much smaller loads of soil, etc.... I also have a retractable Gator cover. Would have to make sure it fits under the canister....

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā­ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I like your style!!! ??????????

Legalkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 Sport, 1994 XLT, 1979 F-100
I hope they decide to create a rubber gasket or sealer for the edging around the decked system, to make it better in dusty conditions and not having crap fall in between.
I was thinking of using flexseal tape to seal the edges. Not sure how sealing the top would be for water drain. I think maybe at least at the cab end where the gaps are bigger to prevent larger debris from getting under.

Also the upper holes where you have your hooks did not match up with our hooks we took out. All you did was widen the hole? Wonder what those holes were for anyway.

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
If they made a decked that was a big single drawer that was like 40 inches wide I would consider it.
I feel like the biggest drawer right now is still too small and if you make it bigger, the other one will become so small it will be useless.
Sponsored