micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Last one for me was Nissan factory - and it was really pretty impressive. For the Ranger I went with Bullet, they used to do LineX.
TO be honest between the 2 or 3 big names, pick the one that's most convenient and best cost. But do check out the workmanship - bigger issue than brand.

Doctor7474

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew Cab Cyber Orange
Occupation
Doctor
Bullet Liner Is the best.

I know the guy that invented both Line-X and Bullet Liner. He sold Line-X years ago and signed a non-compete clause as part of the deal, it ran out a few years ago. While he was under the non-compete clause he "perfected" the formula, it's much more durable and UV resistant than the original.

Basically Bullet Liner is a new and improved Line-X.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have now tried Rhino (SD-250), Line-X (HD-150) and Ford factory (Ranger). Of the lot, the Line-X came out the best, but cost a bit more where I live ($650 vs $495 for the factory).

As someone else mentioned already, the quality of the prep is key. On my HD-150 they took the time to remove everything and properly prep the rest of the bed prior to spraying. The result looked amazing in terms of fit and finish (see Empty Bed photo).

The factory liner is thinner than I expected (see Partial Plug Removal photo) and the prep was lacking in a couple of spots (they removed the side bed plugs, but then sprayed the tie-downs).

That being said, I love my Ranger and have big plans for it, so these things are nits in the larger scheme of things, but I am sharing in the hope it helps others in their decision making.

Empty Bed.jpg

20210307 Partial Plug Removal.jpg

20210307 Sprayed Tie Downs.jpg

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Anybody know if the Ford factory spray in bed liner has UV protection? My truck will be an outside pup. Garage space is reserved for Harley, busa and wife’s sports car. Mojave desert is just down the road so yeah, we get lots of sun here in the valley.
Sponsored