Those of you with Spray In Bedliners, drain holes still open?

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

Just picked up a 2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4 and will be putting in a Raptorliner myself Like I have done on previous trucks. I noticed the ranger seems to have a drip/drain valley in the front of the bed with slits on each side. Im assuming they did this so water would not sit in the bed with the aggressive forward rake the truck comes with from factory.

My question is if you guys who had bedliners sprayed in or had the factory spray in liner still have that gap there or if it got filled with the liner.

Im debating between getting seam sealer and filling the gap before I line it, or putting a piece of tube/wood dowel the right size along the whole strip before lining, then removing afterwards to keep the draining.

Ill try to add an example picture when I get out of work, thanks.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My truck has a spray in bed liner and it drains the same as my old truck without it.
No precautions were taken or needed.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine drains just fine with the factory spray in liner.

OP
OP

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Alright I still might put something in those side areas just in case I spray too thick but I't sounds like its hard to block it up.

One I have the raptorliner in its time to get the steel out and make a tent rack.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
I have the factory spray in. It drains from the front easily. ...but...I have a bed cover and live six miles of gravel road from the highway. The dust "rolls" in the bed. In an effort to stem that dust I used a black sealer on the front across the bottom and recently installed a rubber seal around the end gate. After two trips it seems to be working just fine and about 95% of the dust has been eliminated from gaining entry.

The humidity is very low in Wyoming so the threat of rust or sitting water in the bed is minimum. The one thing that does worry me however are the larger holes on the inside of the bed near the upper rails. The smaller ones (like the bed extender mounting bolt holes) I've sealed off but the larger ones worry me. I have no idea what they are for. If water gets between the inner and outer bed wall, will it drain? I'm not about to dump a couple of gallons just to see, but if it doesn't there will be rust in the future. Anyone know?

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
I have a spraying bed liner and it drains fine

OP
OP

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I sprayed in my U-Pol Raptorliner. Holes stayed clear without doing anything special thankfully.

48299589276_b5575e2c09_z.jpg
Ranger by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Thanks guys.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Yup, same here, holes open and no issues.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I sprayed in my U-Pol Raptorliner. Holes stayed clear without doing anything special thankfully.

48299589276_b5575e2c09_z.jpg
Ranger by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

Thanks guys.
What part of the picture are you talking about, with drain holes? The very lower part of the bed floor where it meets the back of the verticle part of the bed? Or the two plastic plugs?

I did the liner myself as well and haven't noticed drain holes so I want to go check. I didn't look inside the crevice there.

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Also did you have before and after from when you prepped the bed before spraying? Sanding etc.

OP
OP

Wschnitz

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I Scuffed with different scotch brite pads till it was very scuffed looking, then used adhesion promoter on all the edges just in case.

The drains im talking about are at the front where the box goes vertical, there is a little valley at the joint and if you look on each side there is like a 6-8" slit for water to fall out of.
Sponsored