Speedometer Lariat/XLT swap?

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I really don't care for my Lariats Speedometer cluster. The right side does nothing other than show radio info.

Can I swap a standard XLT cluster off E-bay, Which would give me a tach and engine temp? Yes I know I can toggle on the silly lcd tach and engine temp.
Sponsored

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I really don't care for my Lariats Speedometer cluster. The right side does nothing other than show radio info.

Can I swap a standard XLT cluster off E-bay, Which would give me a tach and engine temp? Yes I know I can toggle on the silly lcd tach and engine temp.
Not sure, but it might be a resale red flag. Not sure if you care, but it would be for me as a consumer being that I research what I am buying.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
From my understanding yes you can. Pretty simple and straightforward process from what I have seen. As long as the mileage is the same or lower than what is currently in the truck. Using forscan you adjust mileage up to what you have now and should be good to go. Some others on here have done it so search the threads and see their comments and what they had to do.

Personally I have the XLT cluster with tach and speedo with digital scenes in the middle. I purposely looked for a truck with that setup in it!

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Up match the mileage (can't lower mileage) and load your as built info from you're original cluster with forscan.
Sponsored