Spacers with sport 17's and stock suspension ( 2wd)

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
Hello all, thank you in advance for any info. I have looked but cant find any answers.

Can I safely run 1.5 inch spacers on stock 17 sport wheels and a 265/70R17 tire without rubbing or any cutting / removing of inner fender or crash bars? Not wanting to lift or level. Just want to fill in the wheel wells a little and widen the stance. Im in a crewcab xlt sport 2wd 100% stock. Also if anyone knows, does moving up to a 265/70R17 require a spedo reconfig, headlight adjustment and crusise control radar adjustment
Or is that 1 inch difference not a enough change those adjustment ?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hello all, thank you in advance for any info. I have looked but cant find any answers.

Can I safely run 1.5 inch spacers on stock 17 sport wheels and a 265/70R17 tire without rubbing or any cutting / removing of inner fender or crash bars? Not wanting to lift or level. Just want to fill in the wheel wells a little and widen the stance. Im in a crewcab xlt sport 2wd 100% stock. Also if anyone knows, does moving up to a 265/70R17 require a spedo reconfig, headlight adjustment and crusise control radar adjustment
Or is that 1 inch difference not a enough change those adjustment ?
For safety reasons I would prefer you to not run slwheel spacers at all. On another note you should be able to run those tire without spacers and without rubbing.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Anything can fail. You can reduce the risk of failure;

1. Buy American made products (do your research as best you can)

2. Buy spacers made from a single piece of T6 aluminum that is machined to shape

4. Hubcentric

5. Grade 8 or higher studs

6. Use red locktite

7. Check them periodically for anything like bizarre hairline cracks or otherwise.

If you can get a set of 4 spacers on eBay or Amazon for $60.00 - chances are high you don't want them.

OP
OP
HotRod

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For safety reasons I would prefer you to not run slwheel spacers at all. On another note you should be able to run those tire without spacers and without rubbing.
Thank you for the advice, I will most likely not get spacers as I am hearing mostly negative things unless many other suspension parts are " beefed up " i'll just spend the extra money on better tires ...really like the look of the bfgr ko2 at rwl

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thank you for the advice, I will most likely not get spacers as I am hearing mostly negative things unless many other suspension parts are " beefed up " i'll just spend the extra money on better tires ...really like the look of the bfgr ko2 at rwl
To my understanding the KO2's are nice. If you ever decide you want to bump the tires out some just find the wheels you like and do it with those.

Here is an informative video to help with good explanation.

OP
OP
HotRod

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
To my understanding the KO2's are nice. If you ever decide you want to bump the tires out some just find the wheels you like and do it with those.

Here is an informative video to help with good explanation.

Very cool...thank you for posting.
Sponsored