SOLVED: Front Far Left Parking Sensor Going Off Constantly

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
John, did that work for you, because I'm having a similar issue right now. For the past couple of days, the damn things keep going off every time I come to a stop. I get some variation of this image, with the really annoying alarm sound; at this point, it's just irritating me, and is becoming "the boy who cried wolf".

20230114_172047.jpg

It started after a big snowfall, and my first thought was to wonder if I wasn't missing a sensor when I'm cleaning them off; as far as I know, there's just the four, right? The two pictured here, and their counterparts on the other side?

IMG-20211214-WA0003b.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
John, did that work for you, because I'm having a similar issue right now. For the past couple of days, the damn things keep going off every time I come to a stop. I get some variation of this image, with the really annoying alarm sound; at this point, it's just irritating me, and is becoming "the boy who cried wolf".

20230114_172047.jpg

It started after a big snowfall, and my first thought was to wonder if I wasn't missing a sensor when I'm cleaning them off; as far as I know, there's just the four, right? The two pictured here, and their counterparts on the other side?

IMG-20211214-WA0003b.jpg
If all the sensors are clean and the sensor by the rear view is also clean and still doing that I would check all your connectors to the bumper sensors and make sure there’s no water in the connector and that they are fully seated. Wouldn’t hurt to use some dielectric grease before the reassembly as a additional layer of water repellant and connection aid. Just some tarnish on any connection might be enough to mess it up

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I had mine going off constantly after a body shop repainted the front bumper and put the sensors back in upside down.
Sponsored