So, a funny thing just happened...Tremor is ordered!

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I was going to mention that your prices are way off. Then, I remembered you were from CA and I realized why!!! And, you are correct. In the US, you also have to have 501A to have the Tremor. Total is $6295 for the two. I really want everything in the 501A, so it's not a deal to me, but I understand your frustration.
Yeah for sure, different strokes n all.

But I can't figure out why the tremor is gated behind that package. It's not like the FX4 is gated behind anything, so why do it to the higher end 4x4 package?

It's even sillier when you look at the XLT. The tremor requires the 301a package, which in Canada is only a $900 package. The 301a and the 501a share no similarities unless you found the backup sensors that come standard in the Lariat. It's a $6000 upgrade for the XLT and a $9000 one for the Lariat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Yeah for sure, different strokes n all.

But I can't figure out why the tremor is gated behind that package. It's not like the FX4 is gated behind anything, so why do it to the higher end 4x4 package?
Just theorizing here, but could it be the tech package with all of its sensors and things, which would be quite useful for offroading, especially if they didn't put a front camera in. (?) That is MY pet peeve about this vehicle: no front camera. Heck, my 2018 Explorer has it and I'm sure not off-roading in this! Maybe Phil could chime in. @P. A. Schilke

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome, wish us common Rangers can add the colored nostrils.
Masking tape, rattle can, and creativity... boom, your pickup has nostrils.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just theorizing here, but could it be the tech package with all of its sensors and things, which would be quite useful for offroading, especially if they didn't put a front camera in. (?) That is MY pet peeve about this vehicle: no front camera. Heck, my 2018 Explorer has it and I'm sure not off-roading in this! Maybe Phil could chime in. @P. A. Schilke
Hi Timmy,

I cannot help here....no idea of the decisions made on the 5G Ranger....I see your point but why Ranger did not add this feature is beyond me... I agree....useful but why Ranger did not incorporated is beyond me...

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
@TimmyB dunno if you caught me before my edit but I was thinking the same thing in regards to the XLT. The 301a package doesn't really add anything exciting to the truck, just the sensors so that may be it.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Been working with my dealer back in Michigan, deciding exactly when we should order so that it gets here by June 25th. He was playing around with it in the order bank last night, making sure of the options and pricing, etc. Well, apparently he forgot to close down the page he was working on properly and this morning, the truck got picked up for scheduling!!! He emails me this morning and says, "I'm gonna have to push you for color a couple weeks earlier than we said last night!" :D So, Black it is!!! Which is fine, because now I can stop agonizing over which color. My wife told me this morning, "You know, you'll NEVER look at that truck and say you wish you had gone with (whatever color). You'll ALWAYS love it in black!" She is right.

He said it might come in mid-May but it won't be any problem for them to wait until late June to deliver. Of course, it will be a problem for me to be driving that whole month in my Explorer knowing my Tremor is just sitting there!

That's the cool thing about working with a dealer you know and trust. No sigs, no deposit, nothing. Just, "We'll see you when you get back to Michigan!" Keeping my fingers crossed for incredible incentives between now and then!

1614970546285.png
Congratulations! That Ranger looks GOOD!!! :like:

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
OK, so an update:

Talked to my dealer today, and apparently not wanting the vehicle to be built quickly actually HELPS with the vehicle being built quickly!!!

A VIN has been created and it is scheduled to be built the week of April 26! That means seven weeks from order until start of build. Truck will probably arrive early- to mid-May, which means I'm going to go crazy for a month knowing it's there and I have to wait for that month (or be paying for two leases at once). :LOL: :lipssealed: :curse: :headbang:

GreenCreekDucks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Dude
Black Tremor owner here.. You can't go wrong with Black.. Plus the Tremor rides more like a truck than all the other models IMO...

Reactions: Doc

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So we are all curious, did it get delivered in the stated timeframe?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc