My Tremor is best, just arrived

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
Not really the best, just joking since it appears a bunch of Ranger Tremors were delivered this week!

Just got mine in, took many months and lots of indecision. It's the first car I've ever owned that wasn't over 15 years old!

I absolutely love it. Got to play in the snow on the drive home from the dealership.

Can't wait for my first mod, an aux cord. Then maybe mod out a new keychain. Then mod the rearview mirror with an air freshener.

Pics or it didn't happen.

IMG_20211015_162449541_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211015_162428839.jpg
IMG_20211015_102045253.jpg
Sponsored

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
CAD Design/Automotive Prototyping
The Blue Ford offers looks real good!! Very nice!!!

You have Snow alreadyo_O lol. I just got my First Tremor/pick-up/4x4 ever a few months ago. How’s it handle in the snow ?

OP
OP
JeeperCreeper

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
The Blue Ford offers looks real good!! Very nice!!!

You have Snow alreadyo_O lol. I just got my First Tremor/pick-up/4x4 ever a few months ago. How’s it handle in the snow ?
This fall was very odd and awful, we've had snow on/off since September.

It does ok in the snow. Tires are obviously the biggest factor. I've run the Grabber AT2 as an all year tire on a Jeep XJ in Indiana and Pennsylvania, did great. These Grabber ATX are no different.

Having said that, I have studded iPikes going on tomorrow. Then getting sandbags for the back.

It's a truck, so obviously, if I gas it, it wants to kick out. Our snow today was very icey. A few cars in the ditch, a 3500 and trailer stuck on my road actually, just right in the middle. So it's very very slick.

The Rangers traction control did well and I only put it in 4wd on part of my mountain pass to test it. Obviously, I took it easy as it was day 1 with the truck.

Long story short, it does great but it's still a truck. Once I get tires and weigh the bed down, it should keep up with my Jeeps as I would expect.

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This fall was very odd and awful, we've had snow on/off since September.

It does ok in the snow. Tires are obviously the biggest factor. I've run the Grabber AT2 as an all year tire on a Jeep XJ in Indiana and Pennsylvania, did great. These Grabber ATX are no different.

Having said that, I have studded iPikes going on tomorrow. Then getting sandbags for the back.

It's a truck, so obviously, if I gas it, it wants to kick out. Our snow today was very icey. A few cars in the ditch, a 3500 and trailer stuck on my road actually, just right in the middle. So it's very very slick.

The Rangers traction control did well and I only put it in 4wd on part of my mountain pass to test it. Obviously, I took it easy as it was day 1 with the truck.

Long story short, it does great but it's still a truck. Once I get tires and weigh the bed down, it should keep up with my Jeeps as I would expect.
Ahh I see you’re in Alaska correct ? Wow snow since September is crazy. I’m new to owning a truck so I’m very curious to how it handles in snow. I live in Michigan so I’m going to see the conditions you do lol but I live in a rural area on a farm so I’m on dirt roads that are not maintained much in the winter.

Far as I know we can’t use studded tires here. Last 2 winters I’ve lived out here I drove a FWD Fusion which was not fun at all down the dirt roads with 6-10” of snow & worse drifts. Then had a Crosstrek for part of last winter which was 100 times better but still a struggle at times.

I was thinking of adding some sad bags to the bed when winter hits here. Do you have a recommendation of how much weight to add for extra traction ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Not really the best, just joking since it appears a bunch of Ranger Tremors were delivered this week!

Just got mine in, took many months and lots of indecision. It's the first car I've ever owned that wasn't over 15 years old!

I absolutely love it. Got to play in the snow on the drive home from the dealership.

Can't wait for my first mod, an aux cord. Then maybe mod out a new keychain. Then mod the rearview mirror with an air freshener.

Gorgeous!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Congrats on your new Tremor, I really like it in Velocity Blue! Now that white stuff on the ground is a different story, it has to go. lol Don't forget the gateway mod, I heard it gives you added traction too. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on your new Tremor, I really like it in Velocity Blue! Now that white stuff on the ground is a different story, it has to go. lol Don't forget the gateway mod, I heard it gives you added traction too. ?
1634393481267.png

?

OP
OP
JeeperCreeper

JeeperCreeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep + Ranger Tremor
Ahh I see you’re in Alaska correct ? Wow snow since September is crazy. I’m new to owning a truck so I’m very curious to how it handles in snow. I live in Michigan so I’m going to see the conditions you do lol but I live in a rural area on a farm so I’m on dirt roads that are not maintained much in the winter.

Far as I know we can’t use studded tires here. Last 2 winters I’ve lived out here I drove a FWD Fusion which was not fun at all down the dirt roads with 6-10” of snow & worse drifts. Then had a Crosstrek for part of last winter which was 100 times better but still a struggle at times.

I was thinking of adding some sad bags to the bed when winter hits here. Do you have a recommendation of how much weight to add for extra traction ?
For weight, I added 7-60# bags of sand. So 420# total. Probably overkill and I might decrease.

And now I have new iPikes on her. I live basically on a mountain pass and it handles icey roads in 2wd with the studs and weight.

Plus, the traction control is there, but it takes a bit to interfere so it allows me to get some spin if I need it.

Big fan so far

Kyp317

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For weight, I added 7-60# bags of sand. So 420# total. Probably overkill and I might decrease.

And now I have new iPikes on her. I live basically on a mountain pass and it handles icey roads in 2wd with the studs and weight.

Plus, the traction control is there, but it takes a bit to interfere so it allows me to get some spin if I need it.

Big fan so far
Thanks , I’ll probably start out in the 300lb range. We don’t get anywhere near the conditions here I imagine you have to deal with lol. The dirt roads where I live aren’t maintained much in the winter. Being the first winter I’ll have ever had a truck in I figure a little extra help can’t hurt while I figure how it handles in 2nd/4wd, etc. Should be a fun new experience. Probably first winter I’ve been excite for in a long time lol.
Sponsored