First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I got the Milenco MIL-4381 Falcon towing mirrors over the weekend. HUGE improvement over the set with straps that I was using previously. Much easier to install and remove, and easier to adjust once installed. Major points for how far out from the vehicle I can position them, allowing me to see the rear corners of my trailer and other vehicles behind me.

1626107249018.png

I have found 2 annoyances with them, though. One is that there aren't separate knobs to loosen the clamps from the bar they are on and to loosen the clamps from the vehicle mirror, which means they need to be readjusted every time I put them on. The other annoyance is that they are a bit small and aren't convex at all, so they only show the specific areas you aim them at and nothing else.

I may return them for the Milenco MIL-2912 Grand Aero 3 towing mirrors like @Big Blue uses. They appear to solve both problems. Reason why I didn't get them in the first place is that they're $150 CAD vs $80 CAD for the ones I chose.

FYI for anyone looking at Milenco mirrors:
  • Falcon = single knob per clamp
  • Aero = dual knob per clamp
  • Grand = larger version
  • Platinum = newer grips on the clamps (larger and more flexible)
I think you'll be happy with the Grand Areo 3 mirrors. They are the best I've found for our Rangers until someone makes a pull out replacement for our OEM ones, like they have for the ROTW Rangers. I just unclamp them and take them off. Usually minimal if any adjustment when re-installing. yes, they are expensive here in the US too ($110 US), but I think they are worth it to see around my trailer.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have a set of them in our Amazon wish list for a near future purchase.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I think you'll be happy with the Grand Areo 3 mirrors. They are the best I've found for our Rangers until someone makes a pull out replacement for our OEM ones, like they have for the ROTW Rangers. I just unclamp them and take them off. Usually minimal if any adjustment when re-installing. yes, they are expensive here in the US too ($110 US), but I think they are worth it to see around my trailer.
They've arrived and I've test fitted them. I think I'm going to like them a lot more than the Falcons!

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
They’ve got the awesome slide out option OUS, so it should be that hard to adapt. There’s already a thread on that one. But you loose BLIS. And folding ability.
an aftermarket slip on solution is what I’m after.
The mirrors are dumb. The BLIS is in the $1,200 rear tail lights. Add on mirrors won't affect BLIS.
Sponsored