Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For those of use with the Open Rear Diffs, does anyone know of a Limited Slip option on the market for these Dana M220 rear axles?

I see that these are commonly available on the Jeeps, but I don’t know if any of them would fit on the one in our Ranger.

I didn’t want the Electronic Locker since it only seems to work up to 10-15 mph before it automatically unlocks itself.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
For those of use with the Open Rear Diffs, does anyone know of a Limited Slip option on the market for these Dana M220 rear axles?

I see that these are commonly available on the Jeeps, but I don’t know if any of them would fit on the one in our Ranger.

I didn’t want the Electronic Locker since it only seems to work up to 10-15 mph before it automatically unlocks itself.
In a few other threads, there hasn't been one found yet.

rojizostang

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4 sport, 2017 Ford Explorer limited, 2013 Ford F150 RCSB Roush tvs supercharged
this says that there's a limited slip differential available, however it doesn't list the open differential at all on tasca's website, so I'm suspicious if the listing is correct

also listed here under the same part number and application

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Might be worth calling Dana Spicer tech support and see if there is an interchange between the Ford and Chrysler spec axles. Looks like there's 3 different axle shaft spline counts as well and the Chrysler looks to 30 spline on the Traclok Carrier. I cant find much more than that and would hate to assume it would work just based upon the fact that they are all "Dana 44's".

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Might be worth calling Dana Spicer tech support and see if there is an interchange between the Ford and Chrysler spec axles. Looks like there's 3 different axle shaft spline counts as well and the Chrysler looks to 30 spline on the Traclok Carrier. I cant find much more than that and would hate to assume it would work just based upon the fact that they are all "Dana 44's".
It's been done, but since it's a part built for Ford, they don't feel like helping (probably for legal reasons).

The brake LSD isn't that good, but I think I saw a thread where someone talked to Eaton and got a positive reply.
Sponsored