First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
My girlfriend does the same and it drives me crazy and it's even worse if the window is open. She's like 5' nothing and you'd think she was a WWE star the way she slams everything from the truck door to the refrigerator. :facepalm:
She's probably thinking every door has a damper like your tailgate, and it will soften the blow of a slam. IDK, just a guess........... :angel:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
She's probably thinking every door has a damper like your tailgate, and it will soften the blow of a slam. IDK, just a guess........... :angel:
Trust me I though about adapting a damper to it along with the refrigerator door. lol ;)

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
It kills me. Happens all of the time.

I drop my wife ad daughter off where ever we are going. At the door to a restaurant, at the entrance to the mall, at a doctors office - wherever. I turn to them and say "We're here! Now remember - Don't Slam Your Door, Please."

They get out and slam the goddam muther frikin doors. Not out of spite or anything just not paying attention.

I drive off in the truck to go park yelling inside the cab "THANK YOU FOR NOT SLAMMING THE F-ING DOORS!"

I'm at the point where it isn't worth it any more. I'm leting them slam the doors and in 4 years I'll go get a new truck and tell them they slammed the doors so much I can't drive this one any more. Door slamming has consequences.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ughhhh. Just saw this thread. Yep! My doors seem to get slammed ridiculously. My wife is the biggest perpetrator of the door slam. Ughhhh. It makes me cringe.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
You just need to get a tailgate damper and modify it for your doors....

Regarding sound dampening, I have it on my doors. It really makes the doors feel solid and all the little rattles you don't notice until they are not there... It is a thing of beauty. Oh, and the speakers sound better too. I have loud exhaust which is a lot of fun. But it is so loud that it can get in the way of conversation at times. While that can be a useful addition to selective hearing syndrome, it can get a bit old on a long drive. The sound dampening helps that too. Plus you can still get the great noise by cracking a window or two. My wife will actually ride in my truck again now that I have dampened the sound too. :)
For music fans, this is really a great idea and one of prime post-pandemic projects!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Trust me I though about adapting a damper to it along with the refrigerator door. lol ;)
@AzScorpion It took a while Dave, but I have my wife trained for the most part. Not that she doesn't slip from time to time. I've used the old line my Dad used on me "I've already got a door over here, I don't need another one" so many times it's ingrained in her mind. :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You just need to get a tailgate damper and modify it for your doors....

Regarding sound dampening, I have it on my doors. It really makes the doors feel solid and all the little rattles you don't notice until they are not there... It is a thing of beauty. Oh, and the speakers sound better too. I have loud exhaust which is a lot of fun. But it is so loud that it can get in the way of conversation at times. While that can be a useful addition to selective hearing syndrome, it can get a bit old on a long drive. The sound dampening helps that too. Plus you can still get the great noise by cracking a window or two. My wife will actually ride in my truck again now that I have dampened the sound too. :)
@DevilDog1775 Jim, you can't drop info like that on us without some further description, i.e. what insulation did ya use, where can I get it, and if it was easy to install. As the crook in "Dirty Harry" said, I gots ta know........:) As I said I have the wife trained for the most part. But, being a woman she doesn't think about stuff like slamming a car door as much as I do. So, I'd like to put insulating the doors on the list of "things to do when I get my Ranger home.":like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion It took a while Dave, but I have my wife trained for the most part. Not that she doesn't slip from time to time. I've used the old line my Dad used on me "I've already got a door over here, I don't need another one" so many times it's ingrained in her mind. :)
Unfortunately Jim some people you just can not train. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Sorry, I should have included it. I just used the Kilmat 80 mil product available on Amazon. It is a butyl product and sometimes that stuff can have an odor to it, especially on warm days. However, over this past summer, any odor was quite minimal if existent at all. No complaints from me in that regard. I did all my doors, some of the floor, the rear bulkhead, and when I had the headliner partially dropped for another purpose, I made sure I had some of the product on hand to cover that too. The inside of my truck now feels more more like the BMWs I have owned. There are virtually no rattles. Well, the majority were gone doing this, but then it revealed a few other little ones that I chased down and silenced. What is left is a rattle free interior with tight bass on the stereo and adjustable exhaust tone with the windows.

Note that you may break a few plastic pieces taking it all apart, but the door sills and the pull handle covers on the doors are cheap to just replace if that happens. If you have any questions, just let me know.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751CBXBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
@DevilDog1775 Thanks Jim, I'll add this to my list when I get the truck. That is if Ford will ever build the dang thing. :)

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
My girlfriend does the same and it drives me crazy and it's even worse if the window is open. She's like 5' nothing and you'd think she was a WWE star the way she slams everything from the truck door to the refrigerator. :facepalm:
Does she always slam the faucets on and off too? I wonder if that’s just a girl thing...

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Dave,

My wife, 5' 1' has a mighty arm and slams the passenger side door quite easily. I gently talked to her and to her credit she has been quite gentle....now if I could just get her to keep her feet off the dash...drives me crazy having clean foot prints off the dash....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I thought the feet on the dash was a Colorado and Florida thing...if anyone put their feet on the dash of my vehicle I’d slam the brakes and put them in the footwell

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the feet on the dash was a Colorado and Florida thing...if anyone put their feet on the dash of my vehicle I’d slam the brakes and put them in the footwell
Margie is natural red head....piss her off and you will pay for it.... Gently is the operative word here...Habits can be hard to brake, but the air bag inflation is a good motivator to stop this habit (thanks Chris!).

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Does she always slam the faucets on and off too? I wonder if that’s just a girl thing...
Lucky for me no she doesn't. Hopefully she never see this post or she'll probably start doing that next.
Sponsored