First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Between slamming the doors and grabbing/pushing them closed by touching my paint,are HUGE pet peeves of mine..
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Between slamming the doors and grabbing/pushing them closed by touching my paint,are HUGE pet peeves of mine..
I hate that too, little finger prints all over the door or worse...the window. :facepalm: At least the sides between the windows is wrapped so I tell her to push it there if not the obvious door handle.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hate that too, little finger prints all over the door or worse...the window. :facepalm: At least the sides between the windows is wrapped so I tell her to push it there if not the obvious door handle.
Hi Dave,

My wife, 5' 1' has a mighty arm and slams the passenger side door quite easily. I gently talked to her and to her credit she has been quite gentle....now if I could just get her to keep her feet off the dash...drives me crazy having clean foot prints off the dash....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

My wife, 5' 1' has a mighty arm and slams the passenger side door quite easily. I gently talked to her and to her credit she has been quite gentle....now if I could just get her to keep her feet off the dash...drives me crazy having clean foot prints off the dash....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

It's kind of a running joke (although I'm not laughing) when she does it she'll look at me and say "sorry". She's not doing it purposely so I can't get mad but it is frustrating. Lucky for me she doesn't put her feet up on the dash although that's easier to clean. I had an ex who use to put her feet up on top of the dash and leave foot prints all over the windshield. Was really noticeable when it got humid out or rained and all you'd see are toe prints on the right side.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hi Dave,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Something to consider when and if you "gently" speak to her again about this...
If for some reason that airbag deploys and she has her feet on the dash, she may never walk again, or certainly won't walk like she used to.
Huge personal safety issue.

@AzScorpion...I HATE fingerprints on glass! Toe prints would be just as bad. Glad my wife is good at not touching my glass in the truck!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I thought I was the only one married to a door slammer. What is interesting is that she doesn't slam the door to her Escape. In fact she sometime has to close it twice to get it to fully latch.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
This is hilarious. I just gave my wife crap yesterday for slamming the door on my Ranger.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
On my old Sierra my co-pilot was so paranoid (I won't explain why) about slamming the door that she frequently shut it to gently resulting in the latch not engaging . Then she would have to retry and usually succeeded on the second attempt. On the Ranger she shuts it just right. :like:

PeterPotatoes

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Mechanic
It's the door, my 350z feels the same but with a big door and tight hinge. You push it a little hard and it slams.

I've gotten use to the slight push for a good close... and passengers slamming my door. I only give my brother a hard time because he rides in my vehicles a lot.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
At least she's wearing her shoes Phil and you don't have to do for prints on the windshield. ?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Close door with fingers on rubber trim so there's no finger prints...and btw don't slam my door...everyone in my family gets the same order...my car or truck, my rules ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I for one use the rubber window trim or the B pillars. The B pillars on the F150 were the nastiest most scratch showing piece of s**t. So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Is it just me, or does everyone getting out of the Ranger slam the doors? Are they too light? Am I too sensitive to this dilemma? I thought about adding some Sound Deadening to the doors for sound, but also to make them a bit heavier. Im gonna strangle my kid if she slams my door again!!!!!
is this a supercrew thing?

we have the supercab, and both my wife and i find that if we dont slam the door (the non-suicide/primary door) if sometimes doesnt latch completely.

i guess we could spend a lot of time gently but forcefully closing it, but why?

on a related note, i actually thought slamming the car door was an american tradition. ive found that in some countries the locals are absolutely horrified when i toss the door shut instead of gently and silently pushing it close until it latches. and they complain that us americans always are slamming their doors. y'all would do well in Bolivia.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
O.K., the doors are light, but surely they are "built Ford tough" enough to withstand the occasional slams of girlfriends, daughters, wives, etc.? So what is the problem? Sorry, I don't get it....

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The wife starts with the Ranger doors...then the cabinet doors...the faucet...on and on!
I've told her...you break it...you fix it!
Sponsored