First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
IT
They do not have them for an Scab, only Screw.

The wheelbase is the same on both so they should install fine. The scab would just have a longer portion not under the cab which might be useful to access the front of the box.

As for steps I didn't like them initially, but they are starting to grow on me. I do dislike that the 2 year old Westins on the Ranger I just bought are already showing signs of rust bleed through at all corners. Poor coating that shows.
Sponsored

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
The wheelbase is the same on both so they should install fine. The scab would just have a longer portion not under the cab which might be useful to access the front of the box.

As for steps I didn't like them initially, but they are starting to grow on me. I do dislike that the 2 year old Westins on the Ranger I just bought are already showing signs of rust bleed through at all corners. Poor coating that shows.
The issue is that a wiring hookup mounts on the "B" pillar which on an Scab opens when you open the suicide door for access to the back of the cab.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
The issue is that a wiring hookup mounts on the "B" pillar which on an Scab opens when you open the suicide door for access to the back of the cab.
Ahh that makes sense! You would think they would make a harness for the magnets to be in the front of the door. maybe not enough demand for Scab though.

LB

taralon

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
IT
I will admit it, I made the assumption mistake and figured that Rhino was using the same OBD2 door lock method to trigger extension/retraction as amp research uses.

Given that the amp research power step product is the same for the bronco/Ford ranger you might be able to buy the extreme for the bronco and install to the ranger even though the ranger isn't listed for the extreme.

Or you could buy the rhino, fab an extension wire for the front door sensors. Pop the suicide door panel off. Run the sensor wire through the speaker flex conduit into the door, pop it out the front door jam of the suicide door and then install per the instructions. The rear door sensors could be left off/capped.

All said I dislike the hall sensor approach, it would seem to have more issues with getting out of phase (boards lowering with door close, lifting with door open) than the OBD2 approach. And you have to open the door before they start moving which would be annoying to me. I don't think those annoyances would be worth the dual motor is the power amp extreme couldn't work for the ranger.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Just ordered Amp-Research power steps. OddlyI found them in stock at Real Truck, no one else has them in stock. I am 6'1" but am challenged as to lifting my foot high enough so I struggle some with getting in. I am 76 so I guess part of it is old age and part is due some back surgery.
I am will be 70 this year and I am getting steps. just to make it a little easier. Wifey doesn't like the ones that came on the truck and I am liking the way the Amps look, they are a bit pricey tho
I think yours is the first mention of power steps. I must have steps for me and my wife. If it wasn't for the cost and me being timid of messing with adding electric things to the Ranger, I think I would have liked power steps.

Put up some pics once you have them and let us know how you like them.
here are some good pics of them on a Ranger https://www.autoanything.com/nerf-bars/77A25496A8519222.aspx

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
I added step bars to mine and glad I did. Last week on the highway something fell off a truck in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. It slam under me right at the rocker panel. I just knew my truck was smashed. When I got home I found a few marks on the bottom of my step bar and not a mark on the body. Saved me.

Robik

First Name
Andriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Network technician
I'm about to list my AMP Research power steps on marketplace. PM me if interested

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired

Robik

First Name
Andriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Network technician
Why did you take them off?
I put them mostly for my kids but now I barely drive them as we use my wife's car mostly. I might be selling my truck in the nearest future.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Steps....NO, Sliders...Yep!

OP
OP
RangerTX

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I live in the midwest... which currently is still in the middle of winter (in the 30s at night still). So, I may never get my warm sunny day to take the darn things off.

Things you all brought up that are giving me pause to reconsider:
- Protection from other cars opening doors into my truck
- a way to kick the snow off my boots (I do that all the time on them)

dunno... still think they are coming off if it ever gets warm around here.

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Just ordered Amp-Research power steps. OddlyI found them in stock at Real Truck, no one else has them in stock. I am 6'1" but am challenged as to lifting my foot high enough so I struggle some with getting in. I am 76 so I guess part of it is old age and part is due some back surgery.
Well my plans have changed. I was ready to order the AMP Research Smart steps (can use your phone to enable/disable/deploy them) and they and some of the others were listed as fitting my truck. only to find they are 45-60 days out. not going to wait that long
Check out the Rhino steps, dual motors with lifethme warranty ... They are on my list

LB
E1 Electric Running Board Kit (gorhino.com)
I think you can get an additional 10% Off Discount with code “Untamed” (if it's still good)
Right now they are on sale for 1500 and some change. My guys ordered them up last night and are installing them as we speak.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I like mine but the are being replaces with Rock Sliders next week. This is what I currently have and like them on my Scab. I don't like the ones with the foot pockets hanging below the frame. Ankle/Shin biters.
20230119_094110 (002).jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Check out the Rhino steps, dual motors with lifethme warranty ... They are on my list

LB
E1 Electric Running Board Kit (gorhino.com)

I think you can get an additional 10% Off Discount with code “Untamed” (if it's still good)
That 6 inch width is really nice for these steps.

Thanks for the link!

I think that's a better option than this:

1683059845253.png
Sponsored