First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Phil,

As a college professor I see issues like this every semester. The standards to get into college are getting lower and the mentality of students is C’s for degrees. So they put in the least amount of effort to pass and getting that magical piece of paper. They end up with C level knowledge. I do my best to help my students develop a greater pride in their education and work ethic. I believe I am making a small difference but I need my colleagues to join me in this fight.

I teach at community colleges and the unspoken policy is you have a pulse and can pay for school either out of pocket or financial aid, you are accepted. You only have to prove you have a high school diploma if you are under 26. It is a little crazy sometimes on how underprepared students are. My all time favorite review on ratemyprofessor.com is beware this professor grades on grammar and spelling. The sad part is there were grammar and spelling errors in the review. ????

I am on the fence with free community college. I think offering a chance to those who may not otherwise be able because of finances is a good thing. Yet, I also believe the standards for admission needs to be higher.
What do you call a Doctor who graduates with all C's?

A doctor.

=/

You're making excuses for them. Just like they're making a pitiful excuse. They made themselves look bad. They shouldn't have said shit, and just apologized for the mix up and made it right.
There's no excuse. You sell a product, you make damn sure all the correct parts are in there before it ships. It's called quality control.
I know your weekend was ruined. You are being a bit dramatic however. I'm pretty sure what happened was not done with any malicious intention. Also this company does not appear to have a history of such errors. I think once some time goes and the anger subsides you'll realize all this.

For the sake of clarity, I don't own any products from this company.
Sponsored

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
What do you call a Doctor who graduates with all C's?

A doctor.

=/
I get the point you are making. ?

However, I want to point out that C’s will not cut it in graduate school. In fact, every graduate program I looked at required a minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Short story, in graduate school there were two students granted enrollment on a conditional basis with GPA’s at 2.95 and 2.97. One of them dropped out during his first semester. He said that he could not understand anything we where talking about. He said it was too hard because he had to do background reading just to understand the assigned reading. For context, weekly reading was about 300-500 pages.

The other student was kicked out of the program because her grades where poor for two semesters. She told me that her first semester grades were a C and a D. Then the second semester were B and D. She said that it was harder than she thought it would be. The rest of my cohort all had GPA’s above 3.8. Mine was 3.91.

Graduate school was harder than I thought it would be. The expectations are about 50 times greater than undergrad was, at least it was my program. Undergrad papers that earned A’s would be C’s in grad school. It was nuts but I would do it again. In fact, I am considering going back to earn my PhD. So, I actually would be a Doctor. ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

However, I want to point out that C’s will not cut it in graduate school. In fact, every graduate program I looked at required a minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Short story, in graduate school there were two students granted enrollment on a conditional basis with GPA’s at 2.95 and 2.97. One of them dropped out during his first semester. He said that he could not understand anything we where talking about. He said it was too hard because he had to do background reading just to understand the assigned reading. For context, weekly reading was about 300-500 pages.

The other student was kicked out of the program because her grades where poor for two semesters. She told me that her first semester grades were a C and a D. Then the second semester were B and D. She said that it was harder than she thought it would be. The rest of my cohort all had GPA’s above 3.8. Mine was 3.91.

Graduate school was harder than I thought it would be. The expectations are about 50 times greater than undergrad was, at least it was my program. Undergrad papers that earned A’s would be C’s in grad school. It was nuts but I would do it again. In fact, I am considering going back to earn my PhD. So, I actually would be a Doctor. ?
What did you major in?

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Pffttt why go to school? The next generation if good looking and charming could just do social media and onlyfans and shit and be millionaires lol. Its the uggos and the bland that better hope they smart and focused lol.

Im joking of course hopefully no one gets offended….

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
What did you major in?
Communication Studies with a focus in Argumentation, Persuasion, and Rhetoric. The cool part was applying every subject to Video Games. I wrote a paper on the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare series and foreign policy. I had a lot of fun writing that paper even though it was 25 pages. ?

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Pffttt why go to school? The next generation if good looking and charming could just do social media and onlyfans and shit and be millionaires lol. Its the uggos and the bland that better hope they smart and focused lol.

Im joking of course hopefully no one gets offended….
Although I think I am charming but do not think I am good-looking. ??

On a serious note I wanted to be a college professor and a graduate degree is required to teach in my discipline. Plus I believe I am smart so college made sense to me.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

I have a 3.9 with an degree in criminal justice. (I only went this path due to line of work)

Sadly a degree in cosmetology would probably be more real world useful. lol

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I have a 3.9 with an degree in criminal justice. (I only went this path due to line of work)

Sadly a degree in cosmetology would probably be more real world useful. lol
In my interpersonal comm classes, I have my students review dating profiles to see how people communicate. We compare it to in-person communication in romantic situations.

Anyways I saw lots of profiles say I have a degree in (fill in the blank) but I do hair. It’s weird and I have a lot of questions but that is the researcher in me.

PS I apologize to the OP for hijacking your thread.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
I had to look that up..

For real..​
You are not alone. My family still does not understand what I studied in school. All they know is I teach communication classes. They also think that most of those classes are just public speaking classes. ?

Although I do teach public speaking but I also teach argumentation, persuasion, interpersonal Comm, intercultural Comm, small group Comm, Comm and conflict, and mediated Comm. I am hopeful, I will get to teach a few specialized classes like social media and communication or gender communication in the coming semesters.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Anyways I saw lots of profiles say I have a degree in (fill in the blank) but I do hair. It’s weird and I have a lot of questions but that is the researcher in me.
I have a degree (only an Associates) in Avionics. I've used my degree a bit, but I'm a milkman.

It's really not too weird if you think about it. For me there's something to be said for a stress free work environment. In my current line of work there is little thinking needed. Just do it, go home, and do it again. I made slightly better money using my degree, but the quality of life is much better now.

I wish I would have figured this out decades ago. I wouldn't have wasted money on my "education."

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Received mine (sliders not Communication Studies degree)!

I'm short a washer and have an extra stick nut. Everything appears to be the right size though so I'll call that a win and a blessing. Not gonna break the bank to buy a washer.

? @HenryMac - thanks for the write-up.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Received mine (sliders not Communication Studies degree)!

I'm short a washer and have an extra stick nut. Everything appears to be the right size though so I'll call that a win and a blessing. Not gonna break the bank to buy a washer.

? @HenryMac - thanks for the write-up.
Did you just get them, and May I ask how long it took from order to door? Still waiting myself.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Did you just get them, and May I ask how long it took from order to door? Still waiting myself.
37-38 days from order to doorstep.

Despite the hardware issues mentioned they appear to be of fantastic quality and really aren't difficult to install at all if you have a pair of jackstands. The most surprising part to me was how easy it was to drill the single hole in the frame. Zipped right through.

If I had a gripe, it's more the fact that they don't respond to any of their listed email addresses. You have to call them to get any kind of response.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
37-38 days from order to doorstep.

Despite the hardware issues mentioned they appear to be of fantastic quality and really aren't difficult to install at all if you have a pair of jackstands. The most surprising part to me was how easy it was to drill the single hole in the frame. Zipped right through.

If I had a gripe, it's more the fact that they don't respond to any of their listed email addresses. You have to call them to get any kind of response.
The quality is worth the headache I got. But I put them to the test and they performed flawlessly.
Sponsored