Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Shrockworks Response!
Screenshot_20210524-161042.png

Who the hell are they hiring? How about taking a paint stick and gluing all the different size nuts on and label them. Then pass them out. Not too hard to fix.
They totally ruined my weekend. Even took Monday off, but that got shot cuz the group already left and I wasn't driving to Utah for one day of wheelin'.?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Shrockworks Response!

Who the hell are they hiring? How about taking a paint stick and gluing all the different size nuts on and label them. Then pass them out. Not too hard to fix.
They totally ruined my weekend. Even took Monday off, but that got shot cuz the group already left and I wasn't driving to Utah for one day of wheelin'.?
Hi James,

It got worse when I was recruiting engineers for Ford out of college. Down right scary. We had to fix by sending the college recruits to a two year program before they were brought into main stream engineering. They could simply not communicate or talk. What the hell was going on in these colleges....they should have never graduated. I would not even entertain most for hire. I got tags with the No Hire and was proud of that fact.... I left the company seeing a decline in true engineering prowess and failure to communicate and keeping a pulse on this...it is sad but true...
Most hires in engineering can put gasoline into their car...but that is as far is it goes. They have no clue beyond filling the tank...

Okay...Back story. I was in a Finite Analysis durability area and one of my engineers that I inherited was a steering column FEA engineering....He was very good, but he had no idea of what the column did when it went through the dash panel (you call it a firewall but Ford does not ues the word fire...ever) Huston...we have a problem, so for my 35 engineers, I made them responsible for lab testing their parts as part of a system. The light bulb came on for most of my engineers and the started understanding the whole systems, be it fuel, steering, brakes or frame etc. Knowing the systems, their analysis were peferctly on target... It was a fun time for me to lead such an Department. Sadly this is not the case anymore....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retire

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Hi James,

It got worse when I was recruiting engineers for Ford out of college. Down right scary. We had to fix by sending the college recruits to a two year program before they were brought into main stream engineering. They could simply not communicate or talk. What the hell was going on in these colleges....they should have never graduated. I would not even entertain most for hire. I got tags with the No Hire and was proud of that fact.... I left the company seeing a decline in true engineering prowess and failure to communicate and keeping a pulse on this...it is sad but true...
Most hires in engineering can put gasoline into their car...but that is as far is it goes. They have no clue beyond filling the tank...

Okay...Back story. I was in a Finite Analysis durability area and one of my engineers that I inherited was a steering column FEA engineering....He was very good, but he had no idea of what the column did when it went through the dash panel (you call it a firewall but Ford does not ues the word fire...ever) Huston...we have a problem, so for my 35 engineers, I made them responsible for lab testing their parts as part of a system. The light bulb came on for most of my engineers and the started understanding the whole systems, be it fuel, steering, brakes or frame etc. Knowing the systems, their analysis were peferctly on target... It was a fun time for me to lead such an Department. Sadly this is not the case anymore....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retire
The whole education system is breaking down in front of our eyes. All they know how to do is read what the computer tells them.
They have no working knowledge of how the systems work. They all play a part. They don't know the function of each action and how it compliments the next, to achieve the final outcome.
They need at least the basic knowledge of the entire system, before they can master in a certain area. That's not what they're getting. Trade schools are even floundering cuz of the reliance of computer diagnostics.
They're taking the working mechanic out of the process and putting in computer techs.?
I know the next washer n dryer I buy, I'm getting off of Craigslist circa 1980!?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The whole education system is breaking down in front of our eyes. All they know how to do is read what the computer tells them.
They have no working knowledge of how the systems work. They all play a part. They don't know the function of each action and how it compliments the next, to achieve the final outcome.
They need at least the basic knowledge of the entire system, before they can master in a certain area. That's not what they're getting. Trade schools are even floundering cuz of the reliance of computer diagnostics.
They're taking the working mechanic out of the process and putting in computer techs.?
I know the next washer n dryer I buy, I'm getting off of Craigslist circa 1980!?
Hi James,

When I divorced my first wife and married Margie...she was astounded at my 1949 Hamilton gas dryer. Sitting next to it was a 1950 Hamilton dryer for parts to keep the 49 running. Guess what...it did its job...it dried clothes and did it in a great fashion....looked like from the dark ages...but it worked and I bet it still works for the folks that bought my house when we moved to Green Valley.

Back Story....My Samsung Electric Range burner control fails after 5 years. It was an on-off switch. no modulation of heat. So I researched the system and identified the burner control...So further research, I found the control module to which the knob was attached. Searched the internet and there were not parts available, so do a appliance part store...they had one in Phoenix for $95... so ordered it and picked it up the next day. Counter guy smirked..." So you think you can fix your stove?". I said yes... he just rolled his eyes... Next morning after fixing our coffee, I donned my bunny slippers and a few screw drivers....a couple minutes later...No power disconnect, I had the old one out and the new one installed and functioning correctly to allow me to cook my bacon and eggs...which I eat every morning... Guy did not believer someone in a golf shirt and shorts had a clue how to fix something.... I quizzed him on my symptoms and he shrugged his shoulders as he had no clue how to diagnose anything....just sell parts. Wife just contiunes to be amazed at my being able to fix almost anything and even make some parts to do a fix... What she said is that it is becoming a lost art.... I agree....

God Help Us.... The next generation cannot diagnose anything.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Hi James,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retire
Hey Phil,

As a college professor I see issues like this every semester. The standards to get into college are getting lower and the mentality of students is C’s for degrees. So they put in the least amount of effort to pass and getting that magical piece of paper. They end up with C level knowledge. I do my best to help my students develop a greater pride in their education and work ethic. I believe I am making a small difference but I need my colleagues to join me in this fight.

I teach at community colleges and the unspoken policy is you have a pulse and can pay for school either out of pocket or financial aid, you are accepted. You only have to prove you have a high school diploma if you are under 26. It is a little crazy sometimes on how underprepared students are. My all time favorite review on ratemyprofessor.com is beware this professor grades on grammar and spelling. The sad part is there were grammar and spelling errors in the review. ????

I am on the fence with free community college. I think offering a chance to those who may not otherwise be able because of finances is a good thing. Yet, I also believe the standards for admission needs to be higher.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
My comment is not a dig on Shrockworks, but more of an observation about aftermarket iron in general.....I have rarely installed anything "hefty" that didn't require some customization.

In the case of Shrockworks, the sliders went on just fine, but the front bumper was a bit of a pain, so I got lazy and didn't trim as much as I should have. That resulted in a $1300 dealer invoice to replace the A/C condenser after I "enjoyed" my truck on a trail and jolted a bit of the bumper into the condenser:
2021-05-19 AC Condenser Cut - w Bumper.jpg
2021-05-19 AC Condenser Cut .jpg

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I was considering purchasing these from Shrockworks. This repeated simple problem is a little disconcerting. What do you ship, 20 sets a day at most? Leadership shouldn't blame the lowest worker for their shortcomings. It's like a dog chewing your shoes. Don't leave your shoes laying around.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Shrockworks Response!

Shrockworks tried to make it right. Trying to find good employees is a nightmare, now more than ever.

Shrockworks build an excellent quality product that not only looks great, but is super strong and fits great.

To avoid such issues in the future, maybe order the parts so they arrive in enough time that the parts can be inspected, and any issues can be resolved before you head out to the trail.

Shit like this happens, even at the best companies (like Ford). It sucks, sure, but plan ahead on it happening, then maybe it won't ruin your weekend.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Frankly I'd rather be told what bolts I need so I can go to Ace and get them and opt for higher grade or even stainless, if viable.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Shrockworks tried to make it right. Trying to find good employees is a nightmare, now more than ever.

Shrockworks build an excellent quality product that not only looks great, but is super strong and fits great.

To avoid such issues in the future, maybe order the parts so they arrive in enough time that the parts can be inspected, and any issues can be resolved before you head out to the trail.

Shit like this happens, even at the best companies (like Ford). It sucks, sure, but plan ahead on it happening, then maybe it won't ruin your weekend.
You're right finding good employees is a nightmare now. That's why when I sold my business back east and moved out here I decided no more employees. After 31 years of it I was sick of babysitting and luckily I don't need them anymore.

But these companies should be checking their shipments especially knowing they're having issues with their employees. It's not like there are thousands of sliders going out per day so it's no excuse. We the consumer should not have to always inspect and check everything we buy but unfortunately it's come to that.

Not sure if you saw my post earlier about the bottle jack I received? I searched for a GOOD jack made in the USA and found one company that sells them. I spent 6 x's what a regular one from China would've been and it came shipped in a paper thin box that was full of holes and taped over and no top on it. The jack was upside down and had leaked oil. Now I'd somewhat expect this from Amazon but not this company. It sucks because I'm a huge proponent of buying stuff local and made in the USA but it's getting harder and harder to stand behind them when shit like this keeps happening. If I'm paying extra for their supposed "quality" I expect it to be perfect. I'd almost rather just buy the cheap China crap and have zero expectations. Sorry rant over....?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Frankly I'd rather be told what bolts I need so I can go to Ace and get them and opt for higher grade or even stainless, if viable.
They don't have "stick nuts" at Ace....

and picking a higher grade doesn't always mean better. As a rule, the stronger the bolt, the more brittle it is. Sometimes the designer will want the bolt to give a bit... rather than just snap in two.

You won't find stainless bolts that are a steel Gr.8 equivalent at Ace either.

007B.JPG

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
:inspect:

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

You're making excuses for them. Just like they're making a pitiful excuse. They made themselves look bad. They shouldn't have said shit, and just apologized for the mix up and made it right.
There's no excuse. You sell a product, you make damn sure all the correct parts are in there before it ships. It's called quality control.