Show us your Tinted Headlights and Rear lights

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I just installed some LaminX yesterday. Took it off the headlights. The cut was horrible and I did not like the hazy look off it. Your installs look great so not sure what was going on. I did like the fog light and door cup protection tho and kept those. Whenever I get around to doing the PPF on the front done I'll have the shop do the headlights then.

Anthony386

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I just installed some LaminX yesterday. Took it off the headlights. The cut was horrible and I did not like the hazy look off it. Your installs look great so not sure what was going on. I did like the fog light and door cup protection tho and kept those. Whenever I get around to doing the PPF on the front done I'll have the shop do the headlights then.
I had a shop throw mine on along with the 20% tint they added to the driver and passenger side windows to match the rear tint. I don't have any exp doing tint and Laminx wasn't cheap since I purchased for my car too. The cut wasn't precise at all, but having a shop do it turned out better than what I would've done. I still want my taillight housing done though. The shop didn't want to try the taillights on account of the reverse light portion being lower than the actual housing itself. They claimed it would eventually come off. I figure if you just wrap the housing and cut away around the reverse light portion it'd hold like any other tint. Also keep in mind that though it's only a "smoked" tint film on my truck, it DOES affect the lighting output. I finally did end up purchasing LED's this week from HR so I'm excited to have that boost coming my way :handsinair:

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I don't plan on tinting my taillights, but I would like to find an LED replacement. I have a black 2019 with the Black Appearance package and those huge red taillights look hideous if you ask me. I changed the taillights on my Taco a while back and the look was so much better on the all black truck. The lights were probably a bit brighter because of the LED conversion. The problem with the Ranger is I can't find LED replacements that have all the sensors installed.
I've been casually looking for the same thing for some time now for the same reasons. That red just stands out far too garishly against the Magnetic paint and tinted windows on my truck. Bugs me a bit. But any replacement I'd buy would have to be 100% plug-n-play compatible without removing any functionality of the 360 system otherwise, it's not worth it.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I've been casually looking for the same thing for some time now for the same reasons. That red just stands out far too garishly against the Magnetic paint and tinted windows on my truck. Bugs me a bit. But any replacement I'd buy would have to be 100% plug-n-play compatible without removing any functionality of the 360 system otherwise, it's not worth it.
I don't think that will ever get developed. if anything it would just be an alternate design but you would lose the bliss......I actually think that is why we wont ever see taillights get developed fopr this truck, most people will not replace if they have the upgraded ones. Now I have an XL so I would replace in a heartbeat.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
So people want to reduce their visibility. Take the chance of getting rear ended because people can't see you braking. And possibily getting a fix it ticket; forcing them to remove it. Why?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
So people want to reduce their visibility. Take the chance of getting rear ended because people can't see you braking. And possibily getting a fix it ticket; forcing them to remove it. Why?
Same reason that some people need a strut to lower their tailgate for them. Vanity.

FYI, properly done (ie: DOT approved) smoked taillights like many OEM's make aren't any less safe than their counterparts. YMMV