Show Me Your Kitties!

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
We have 5 Maine Coons that we show in CFA cat shows. We also have 2 rescues.
Stunning Cats! They are gorgeous!

Below are our two farm cats and one special needs former pet store cat.

black one is Eva. She is the most FRIENDLY cat I have ever met. Come over and she will be curling up on your lap in minutes. She is the former shop kitty.

orange tabby is a farm cat. We picked her up from the farm. They advertised in the local penny pincher free kittens.

Gray tabby is also a farm cat. After we picked her up, the next day some kids killed all her brothers and sisters for fun. I never heard what happened to them. She is 18 years old in that picture. She is still the queen kitty in the house. We had to have her declawed after she drew blood from a few people. Her last act before claw removal was to split open my mother in laws nose.

CBD2095F-35FD-409F-A542-D02AEA29473B.jpeg

EBFBD72C-70B0-4177-B459-6215CA3B408A.jpeg

31648066-558A-4701-B9D0-94E90FC1F32D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
We have 7 cats but here is my girl, Jinxy (aka Jinxy-Brat). She just turned 12 years old in February. About 8 years ago she became sick and wouldn't eat. The vet diagnosed her with fatty liver disease and recommend I put her down. I took her home, learned about fatty liver disease, and with that knowledge, nursed her back to health.
IMG_20131220_172811_350.jpg

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Great job you should be a vet . Nice pic .

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A happy retired guy
I've had cats all my life. I could not be a vet because of the emotional thing. But I do what it takes to take care of my clan.
I understand , we have rescued 8 cats in the last few years . They were just let go by their owners we assume . So many animals around here would kill them .

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Well.... we are now back up to FOUR cats in our Pride! (see my earlier post#22)

Meet "Caspur":

IMG_7651.jpeg

Here's his story....
Our backyard is bordered by a greenbelt area. We have mice and voles that are pretty prevalent. We noticed Caspur (at least we think it was him?) last year “hunting” on the back hill. (that’s how he got the name…. he’s a “ghost cat”) He would randomly appear, and then disappear. If we would go out on the deck, he’d immediately run away. He's a beautiful cat, so we just assumed one of the neighbors got a new cat? (which upset us that they'd just let him roam)

Early this Summer, he appeared in the backyard again, but you could see his ribs… he was very skinny and malnourished. We left food out for him and he would quickly eat it all. He was drinking water from our birdbath, so we left him a water bowl on the deck. Initially, he never let us approach him, he would run off, even when we had food. He would wait until we went back in the house before he came to eat what we left him. Days, then weeks went by and he started to sleep under our deck on a stack of paver blocks. We would feed him 2X/day at the same time as our other cats.

After a few weeks, he started to stay around when we would bring him food. We put a blanket on the pavers under the deck, and put a towel inside and on top of a cat-carrier, (we removed the front door) and placed on the deck. He slept in both spots.

Now he was getting pretty comfortable being around us. We had been asking around the neighborhood if anyone knew anything about him? Because he was gone over the winter, and now he was so unsociable, we figured he’d been on his own for awhile? A neighbor girl said last winter she was feeding him and tried to catch him to take to the shelter, but he bit her and ran away.

After he was comfortable with us, we put the door on the carrier and took him to the vet to be scanned for a chip. We were hopeful we might find his "family", if one existed? Unfortunately, he didn't have a chip.

The event of putting the door on the carrier he was sleeping in and then the car ride to the vet really upset him. He made noises like a wild cat (I thought it was pretty cool, but my Wife was scared! ?) The vet tech made the comment "he acts like a semi-feral cat"? We didn't know what that meant?

When we let him out when we got home, he ran off and we didn't see him for a few days.

But he came back and we guess he forgave us cuz he's stuck around. ?

With winter coming and Caspur getting much more comfortable and friendly (finally), we decided to bring him in to the house permanently with our other 3 cats. Even though he seemed to be a pretty good hunter, he was under nourished and we do have coyotes and foxes that would make a meal out of him!

So back to the vet to have him tested for FIV/Leukemia, get a health check up, shots and a de-worming treatment. The vet said she thought he was about 3 years old and his teeth were pretty consistent with a cat who has been on his own for awhile.

After another traumatic vet visit, we now have him sequestered in his own bedroom and we will slowly matriculate him in with the other 3.

Wish us luck.... we hope they all become pals!

IMG_7693.jpeg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
This is Bitey Smurf. He was about 4 weeks old when we rescued him, but he never quite got over wanting to bite ... anything ... especially us lol, hence the name.

We also have 3 older 10-11 year old rescue kitties and Bitey prefers a single cat house and they prefer he not be here (trouble with kids and oldsters - "Hey, get off my lawn!!").

Anyway, he is now having a great life with our daughter and her husband in Texas and we're glad/sad. He is a real cutey.

This was his first Christmas picture.

Bitey 1 2019.JPG

Bitey 2019 .JPG

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Picture of our kiddos. Both are purebred Persians. The white male is 6yrs old and the orange female is 4yrs old. High maintenance and want nothing to do with my wife and I unless they want our attention, lol.

D4566465-D215-40C6-982D-44292A3A192D.jpeg

C8BCC4EE-625A-4817-B668-061471F041E4.jpeg

BCE69D97-1D9B-4484-B768-2175E1453E72.jpeg
Sponsored