Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Hey Guys,
I am looking at the Fox 2.0 kit from Ford Performance to replace stock equipment. Local dealer just quoted me $1400 for the kit, which I expected, plus $1120 in labor. $1120 in labor seems very steep for this job is it not? They also gave me the option of installing the Rough Country kit as an alternative to save cost ($600) but still the same labor. No mention of alignment either so I assume that is extra. They didnt itemize the labor so unsure how many hours they are billing for.

What are people getting for labor pricing? I could probably change the rears myself, but the front I wont touch. I am also concerned with warranty and keeping that intact, though the shop said that any modification Ford could deny the claim. It was my understanding that the Ford kit with Ford installation would keep the warranty intact. Is that not the case?

I was expecting in the $1800-$2000 range for this to be done. Am I out of line here?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Hey Guys,
I am looking at the Fox 2.0 kit from Ford Performance to replace stock equipment. Local dealer just quoted me $1400 for the kit, which I expected, plus $1120 in labor. $1120 in labor seems very steep for this job is it not? They also gave me the option of installing the Rough Country kit as an alternative to save cost ($600) but still the same labor. No mention of alignment either so I assume that is extra. They didnt itemize the labor so unsure how many hours they are billing for.

What are people getting for labor pricing? I could probably change the rears myself, but the front I wont touch. I am also concerned with warranty and keeping that intact, though the shop said that any modification Ford could deny the claim. It was my understanding that the Ford kit with Ford installation would keep the warranty intact. Is that not the case?

I was expecting in the $1800-$2000 range for this to be done. Am I out of line here?

Thanks!
That seems extremely excessive, I would shop around local 4x4 shops and see what they're rates are or even another dealership. I want to say people have quoted around $600 from dealers to install Fox's on this site.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
That seems extremely excessive, I would shop around local 4x4 shops and see what they're rates are or even another dealership. I want to say people have quoted around $600 from dealers to install Fox's on this site.
I thought I was seeing that too, being around $600 but wasn't sure. My concern is warranty coverage so I wasn't considering indy shops, but maybe I should?

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
I thought I was seeing that too, being around $600 but wasn't sure. My concern is warranty coverage so I wasn't considering indy shops, but maybe I should?
Yeah i would look up some shops and see what they say. I see you're in the davenport area i would even reach out to dealers in tampa, bradenton, sarasota ETC. May have to travel a little however i imagine one of those would have a better rate to keep that warranty.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
I'm looking at adding the same suspension but your dealer installation seems very excessive. I'd try another dealer. You can also kit the kit cheaper at Levittown Ford.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-18000-r.html

Scott

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
My dealer charged me 750 for labor for the fox 2.0s. That's including the alignment.

Reactions: EJH

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
$800 from a local 4x4 shop...that was worth a DIY and pride of job done right...could've been a disaster but I'm glad I did it.... ?

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
From my understanding of FPP, the dealer has to be an approved FPP dealer. I had my FPP Fox shocks installed today. I had to drive 30 minutes away to another dealer.
FPP parts.jpg

It is a noticeable ride difference. I didn't mind the soft suspension. I didn't particularly like the wallowiness, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I didn't like the nose down stance, the way it comes from the factory. I like the way it rides better, now. On the road, at least, its better. The dealer I purchased the truck from wanted $3000 for the same thing. The above price included a 4 wheel alignment for $100.

Worth it, so far.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
From my understanding of FPP, the dealer has to be an approved FPP dealer. I had my FPP Fox shocks installed today. I had to drive 30 minutes away to another dealer.
FPP parts.jpg

It is a noticeable ride difference. I didn't mind the soft suspension. I didn't particularly like the wallowiness, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I didn't like the nose down stance, the way it comes from the factory. I like the way it rides better, now. On the road, at least, its better. The dealer I purchased the truck from wanted $3000 for the same thing. The above price included a 4 wheel alignment for $100.

Worth it, so far.
Damn, thank you for this! If you dont mind me asking, what is the discount for?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
My dealer gave me a one time 10% discount on parts prior to delivery.

Ford/Fox 2.0 Level Kit $1355
Installation $360
Alignment $89

Level kit is cheaper online. They were scarce at the time and my dealer had one the next day. They got my business.
Sponsored