Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I

I inputted my VIN and it gave me "not a valid US VIN" error. The build date is today, so I suppose it's not in the system yet.
The VIN would be in the system as soon as it is scheduled. If the build date is today, that would have happened several weeks ago. If you got that error my guess is that you either typed it in wrong or the dealer gave you the wrong VIN.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
The VIN would be in the system as soon as it is scheduled. If the build date is today, that would have happened several weeks ago. If you got that error my guess is that you either typed it in wrong or the dealer gave you the wrong VIN.
Well, then I went to a window sticker checker and was able to pull down the sticker. So idk, I'll have to check with the dealer.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, then I went to a window sticker checker and was able to pull down the sticker. So idk, I'll have to check with the dealer.
Interesting - maybe the Ford site is having issues right now.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Joe, IIRC I had a problem with the wife's Mustang. I had to put the VIN in several times to get the thing to pop up. Just a thought to try. But, it may be the Ford site. Good luck.

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
@Nevada_Bob, You are welcome sir. It won't be long now.:thumbsup:

BTW, may I live vicariously through your order?:)
@wanted33, In the interest of helping you to live vicariously, I have an update..

The truck moved from "Production" to "Shipped" early last week

Published delivery date was October 9th, right up until this morning when it rolled over to "Delivered"

Got the call from the dealer this morning!

Hope to pick it up tomorrow if all the money moves around correctly (C'mon Fidelity...!)

Anne

First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Ranger
@wanted33, In the interest of helping you to live vicariously, I have an update..

Published delivery date was October 9th, right up until this morning when it rolled over to "Delivered"

Hope to pick it up tomorrow if all the money moves around correctly (C'mon Fidelity...!)
Yay!! I am super happy for you!??

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
It's been several weeks, and the system still does not work for me. I purchased the truck through Military Auto Source and they're reporting that the truck is built and on a railcar in transit.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's been several weeks, and the system still does not work for me. I purchased the truck through Military Auto Source and they're reporting that the truck is built and on a railcar in transit.
It may be that something with the Military Auto Source process does not work with the regular tools. available. If it is on a railcar in transit, you should have it soon.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Okay, I've read all 26 pages in this thread and I have a couple of questions - I bought my Ranger in January off of the dealers lot - my window sticker has Blue edging, not Green - is that because it was dealer ordered? Second, it doesn't have anything on the edges outside of the colored edge - why not? Down in the lower center below the "Total MSRP" block it says : KL211 N RB 2X 015 004573 11 21 19 . Does that indicate the build date (11-21-19)?? My VIN ends with A05504 .. Comments??

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I've read all 26 pages in this thread and I have a couple of questions - I bought my Ranger in January off of the dealers lot - my window sticker has Blue edging, not Green - is that because it was dealer ordered? Second, it doesn't have anything on the edges outside of the colored edge - why not? Down in the lower center below the "Total MSRP" block it says : KL211 N RB 2X 015 004573 11 21 19 . Does that indicate the build date (11-21-19)?? My VIN ends with A05504 .. Comments??
Green borders indicate custom orders, blue indicate dealer orders.

That other number - not sure what it is, but it appears to be at least very close to your build date. On mine (custom order), my blend date (that is the date the truck is built), is 3/16/2019 - that date you reference on mine is 3/14/2019 - so maybe that is the date assembly started? And the blend date is the date it was completed? I'm not sure.

Edit - I did some googling and that date is the invoice date - this is for a Focus RS but the window sticker is the same - there are other links that tell you about a lot of the codes on the window sticker as well.:

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/window-sticker-guide-how-to-read.4248/

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO

@Nevada_Bob Congratulations Doug, since I'm a couple days behind I hope you've got your new baby home by now. When am I going to get an imagined ride in that new toy, or did I miss it? I may have to imagine a ride the next time you're out. :) Post some pics when you get a chance. Mine still says "order confirmed".....dang it.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Green borders indicate custom orders, blue indicate dealer orders.

That other number - not sure what it is, but it appears to be at least very close to your build date. On mine (custom order), my blend date (that is the date the truck is built), is 3/16/2019 - that date you reference on mine is 3/14/2019 - so maybe that is the date assembly started? And the blend date is the date it was completed? I'm not sure.

Edit - I did some googling and that date is the invoice date - this is for a Focus RS but the window sticker is the same - there are other links that tell you about a lot of the codes on the window sticker as well.:

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/window-sticker-guide-how-to-read.4248/
Rob, it's my understanding that, and I could be way off, the "blend date" is when the vehicle starts down the line. However, Imma gettin' old, and forget thangs......:)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rob, it's my understanding that, and I could be way off, the "blend date" is when the vehicle starts down the line. However, Imma gettin' old, and forget thangs......:)
I was never quite clear on EXACTLY what the blend date was - or how long it takes to complete the build. If it can be completed in a day, it would be the build date - if it takes longer than a day, based on what you say, it would be when the assembly started.

For me, it is close enough to call the blend date the build date. But thanks for the info.
Sponsored