Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2020 MY)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Well, this explains the ridiculous prices on the 2019's still left. I was told by a dealer that had I bought the truck I am looking at last month it would have been $5K cheaper. So now I am in between a rock and a hard place, go for the 2019 or for a few K more get a 2020. Jeez...just shoot me now.
If the dealers have a 2019 in stock with what you want, I say go for it...
Like your screen name bud, no wonder you want a Ranger, being that Chevy does no longer produces that POS they called the Citation!
Sponsored

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
RangerDanger. You can add me back on the list.
Placed my order today for a 2020 Lariat Supercab

Edsel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4Xe
Occupation
Engineering Professor
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I should update things, I went for the '19 Ranger, a week ago. It had everything I wanted (XLT, FX4, Sport, CarPlay) and a lot I hadn't planned on but am extremely pleased with: Magnetic Exterior/Medium Stone Interior and EQUIPMENT GROUP 302A.

I've had the most fun with the 'Lane Keeping System'--Holy Self-Driving Car, Batman! I am still finding stuff.

In spite of all the negative press, this thing drives like an SUV on the highway, a Hummer off-road and tows like an 18-wheeler :rockon:

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
My build week is the week of 2/23 but the site shows as In Production now. My windows sticker link shows check back later though so i'm guessing it may be another week or so until I can see that.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My build week is the week of 2/23 but the site shows as In Production now. My windows sticker link shows check back later though so i'm guessing it may be another week or so until I can see that.
I think it changes to "In Production" when they sent it to the plant. It isn't really in production, but it is close. Once you have the window sticker it will be REALLY close and you will know the actual day it will be built.

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I think it changes to "In Production" when they sent it to the plant. It isn't really in production, but it is close. Once you have the window sticker it will be REALLY close and you will know the actual day it will be built.
Those are all positive developments I can get behind. Any movement is good :)
Considering i'm maybe 2 hours from the factory i'm expecting my dealer to have it by the end of the first week of March, second week at worst.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I’m seeing the exact same thing for my XLT. Getting closer. :clap:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today my XLT is back to order processing. Must have been false labor.
It may change a few times. Once you are able to see your window sticker you will know exactly when it will be built.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may change a few times. Once you are able to see your window sticker you will know exactly when it will be built.
Tonight my window sticker showed up with a blend number of 320200225. Looks like February 25th is the build date! :)

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight my window sticker showed up with a blend number of 320200225. Looks like February 25th is the build date! :)
you magnificent bastard mine does as well!!! I told you mine was going to roll off right behind yours!

Attachments

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you magnificent bastard mine does as well!!! I told you mine was going to roll off right behind yours!
I'm not completely sure about this, but the 4 digit number is a "sequence number" - I always assumed that is the order they go down the line. Yours is 0450....

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not completely sure about this, but the 4 digit number is a "sequence number" - I always assumed that is the order they go down the line. Yours is 0450....
and mine is 0011 which puts Mike's a little farther behind mine.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Considering i'm maybe 2 hours from the factory i'm expecting my dealer to have it by the end of the first week of March, second week at worst.
You are close to the factory
Being that your truck's assembly date is Feb. 25 and barring any manufacturing glitches or transportation issues, I see no reason why your Lariat should not be at your dealer by March 6.
Sure beats the 1 1/2 months I had to wait, but then, my 2020 had to travel almost 5K miles to get to my dealer. But since I only paid $1195 for shipping (as you will be, as well) it sure was a bargain transportation wise.
Getting close bro, excited for you...
Sponsored