First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Info is rather limited, but if you have specific questions we're happy to investigate and get back to you.
This thread is the first time I have seen this.... interested.
Can the bed replacement system be done by the truck owner or will the vehicle have to be taken to ??? to be installed? Is the factory receiver kept and used? backup sensors/camera kept? weight breakdown? I actually searched copart for another ranger that got rear ended...sorry for all the questions.

bed replacement RSI.PNG

copart.PNG

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is the first time I have seen this.... interested.
Can the bed replacement system be done by the truck owner or will the vehicle have to be taken to ??? to be installed? Is the factory receiver kept and used? backup sensors/camera kept? weight breakdown? I actually searched copart for another ranger that got rear ended...sorry for all the questions.

bed replacement RSI.PNG

copart.PNG
Hi Tom,

Spent two months in New Zealand and Australia. In NZ Ranger is the #1 vehicle. In Australia it is Toyota, but most have no pickup box and have such a flat bed. Seems to be cultural... I am guessing the Aussie's order with a box delete and put these flat beds on the back. Also, snorkels abound for the Dust...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
there is a guy in Bradenton who does custom beds...

the RSI bed replacement system looks like a great option. Here is what I was looking at....I just have a hard time taking off a good bed, hence the search for copart rangers that got rear ended.

40513223-1E1B-45EF-A871-D8360AF68199.png

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hi Ray - I’ll update once I get this thing out of the garage! I’m assuming I’ll need to plug the gap at the front to keep out weather. Chris mentioned above he’d sort out the brake light cable. My only other feedback so far is that I was expecting this to clamp onto the top of the bed rather than having the mounting brackets, based on this pic on the website.
278B2B3B-AB35-4F96-83EA-5E3F3E933672.jpeg

I have an ARB drawer in the back and the side floor will now need some cutouts around the brackets. Something to consider if you have or are planning to have drawers in the back.
I way considering a drawer system fr ARB with this cap. Do you have pictures of the draw system with the cap fitted and where you had to cut? Also did you get the extra floor kit for your drawer kit? I know it is a little off topic but it may help others here.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hi Tom,

Spent two months in New Zealand and Australia. In NZ Ranger is the #1 vehicle. In Australia it is Toyota, but most have no pickup box and have such a flat bed. Seems to be cultural... I am guessing the Aussie's order with a box delete and put these flat beds on the back. Also, snorkels abound for the Dust...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Too my understanding most full size trucks in Australia and possibly NZ come with flat beds from the factory. Mid size trucks might have the option but it is still up to the owner if they want to change the bed for a different style.

RangerTaz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Agree on the rack - I’m gettting a low profile Front Runner rack installed in the next couple of weeks. I’ll update when I have images.
Here it is with the FR rack on. I like the combo. Definitely needs the extra leaf in the back, as sitting about an inch lower than the front with the weight of the RSI cap and ARB drawer. I’m waiting on some Icon rear shocks before doing this (back ordered forever...), if anyone wants to sell me some!
E13316C1-A667-4249-8A09-529B4D19A1DC.jpeg

RangerTaz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I way considering a drawer system fr ARB with this cap. Do you have pictures of the draw system with the cap fitted and where you had to cut? Also did you get the extra floor kit for your drawer kit? I know it is a little off topic but it may help others here.
Here is the ARB drawer (RDRF1355 + half of the MA19FKEK side floor kit) with the RSI cap installed
38B90C4E-A33E-4BC5-A03C-866FFA486986.jpeg

I had to notch out 2 of 3 side floor panels to make room for the RSI mounting brackets. I separated the carpet from the plywood, cut out the notch with a saw, then glued the carpet back in place and trimmed off any excess.
35F0ABA5-8E8D-46EF-AB5B-48932EC56175.jpeg

C6EA5E6D-8BE4-46D1-957A-E770E1AFC210.jpeg

When I park at home, I back up pretty close to a wall, so don't have room to pull the drawer all the way out. A nice feature of the roller floor version of the drawer is I can access the back of the drawer (towards the front of the truck) through the side window without having to pull it all the way out. Just need enough space to open up the tail gate. I'm also quite tall (6'5") - this may not work for everyone!
98D79ECB-3206-426B-B8BC-7FFD9AD770F7.jpeg

In other news, the harness RSI sent for the 3rd brake light doesn't work with the LED taillights. I ended up getting it spliced into the taillights.

Last edited:

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
In other news, the harness RSI sent for the 3rd brake light doesn't work with the LED taillights. I ended up getting it spliced into the taillights.
that’s terrible for such an expensive product. Everything should have been designed for the truck. Did the RSI company advise you that you’ll need to splice?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
If that flatbed worked with the LED lights and sensors, and was maybe a touch longer than stock, I’d be a lot more interested.

RangerTaz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
that’s terrible for such an expensive product. Everything should have been designed for the truck. Did the RSI company advise you that you’ll need to splice?
RSI will take care of the splicing cost. I think they are working on a new harness that will work with the LED lights, so it will be more plug and play.

Last edited:

RangerTaz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Added a couple of LED strips inside the Smart Cap. Can select red (for night use) or white with a toggle switch and have a dimmer to control brightness. This is wired to the battery. Switch/dimmer are mounted on the vertical face of the ARB trim panel to the right of the drawer.
74F80163-2E17-40D2-93A4-4506DD1283A4.jpeg

52539C56-3E03-496C-BFBD-0FBE289F1D66.jpeg
Sponsored