OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
Something no one ever seems to talk about on the forums is routine maintenance for their RSI Smartcaps so we'd like to start a thread here just to get the information out there. We want to ensure that everyone’s cap lasts the test of time and performs exactly as it should for as long as you need it to.

It’s great to get into a routine practice of checking your assembly block bolts every 3-4 months to ensure they’re at the proper tightness. Go around to each one and just give it half a turn to retighten the bolt. If you’ve been experiencing any kind of leak or foam peeling out, this should help fix your issues. Anyone who purchased a Smartcap in 2020 and has not done this yet should be due to check on the bolts to make sure everything is as it should be.

As well as checking on your assembly block bolts, lock barrels should be lubricated regularly. This ensures the dust cover plate and tumblers are kept in good order. It also makes sure nothing gets bogged down with dirt and grime and stays working nice and smooth.
Sponsored

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Occupation
Engineer
Good reminder that these areas need a little attention now and then. Any idea if the next batch of Ranger 5ft SmartCap Adventure caps will come from South Africa or from their new Texas plant? It’s going to be a tough wait, my Tremor was just built and I’m holding off on ordering the SmartCap until I sign the paperwork on the truck. Sorry to send your thread in a different direction!

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Good reminder that these areas need a little attention now and then. Any idea if the next batch of Ranger 5ft SmartCap Adventure caps will come from South Africa or from their new Texas plant? It’s going to be a tough wait, my Tremor was just built and I’m holding off on ordering the SmartCap until I sign the paperwork on the truck. Sorry to send your thread in a different direction!
No problem at all! We're happy to answer whatever questions y'all have here. I'm not entirely sure when we'll have our next shipment but if an EVOa was ordered today it is expected to ship 6/30 (as an estimate) so I'd say around then is when we should expect some to come in. I will note that, when they do come in, they don't stay for long. So sometimes it's better to get in line for when they do come in to get yours. Totally get not wanting to get a cap for a truck you haven't signed for yet though!

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
I need to contact RSI about this, but since I've had my Smartcap, my side window seals have both leaked. After a rain, there is always water on top of my wheel wells. Is this a know issue and is there a fix?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
I need to contact RSI about this, but since I've had my Smartcap, my side window seals have both leaked. After a rain, there is always water on top of my wheel wells. Is this a know issue and is there a fix?
That's no good! I would definitely contact RSI as we haven't seen this being a common issue with their caps. Have you ensured that all your assembly block bolts are tightened and seals are good? That's the only thing I could think of that you might be able to check yourself.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
They sent me new window gaskets- easy fix. Contact RSI and they will send it out really quick!
It turned out mine had a rip that caused the leak.
Sponsored