Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Screwed up on my posting. Didn’t know I posted multiple photos of the same Takin at sunrise. Photo with just center and also both lights on lower lights on fog lights switch Hope this helps best I could do on half a cup of coffee all I could say is they are bright. Lower lights by them self are really bright. Maybe tomorrow morning I’ll try it again
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Too bad there isn't an updated bumper for those of us with adaptive cruise control.

TomBerger

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Tech Sales
This is a long shot but here we go...

Has anyone running this bumper put amber covers on the pod lights?

I would love to be able to use them while city driving but they are blinding to on coming traffic. I THINK amber covers would dilute the light enough to ease this... I could be wrong.

However I am trying to find what size I would need. Lights are listed as 2in lights and the covers that come with are 3.5in wide, and nearly 3 tall.

Think a 3x3in cover would work?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This is a long shot but here we go...

Has anyone running this bumper put amber covers on the pod lights?

I would love to be able to use them while city driving but they are blinding to on coming traffic. I THINK amber covers would dilute the light enough to ease this... I could be wrong.

However I am trying to find what size I would need. Lights are listed as 2in lights and the covers that come with are 3.5in wide, and nearly 3 tall.

Think a 3x3in cover would work?
If they're blinding people, yellow covers aren't going to do much. You need to either not run them or work on adjusting them so they're not up in the eyes of traffic.

TomBerger

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Sales
If they're blinding people, yellow covers aren't going to do much. You need to either not run them or work on adjusting them so they're not up in the eyes of traffic.
I agree with you 100%!

I am not currently running them while city driving for this reason. What I am hoping to achieve is covers which dim the light in peoples' eyes, but increase the light on the road (for myself)

You could be correct that covers wont do much, but this is what I am trying to find out.

I'll have to mess around with them to see if they can be adjusted "downward" more

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you 100%!

I am not currently running them while city driving for this reason. What I am hoping to achieve is covers which dim the light in peoples' eyes, but increase the light on the road (for myself)

You could be correct that covers wont do much, but this is what I am trying to find out.

I'll have to mess around with them to see if they can be adjusted "downward" more
Put a dimmer on them. I think it’s doable

TomBerger

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Sales
Put a dimmer on them. I think it’s doable

Like....a light dimmer? I hadn't even thought of this! Great idea.

Now to figure out how to do that lol!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think it’s a problem just need to have a dimmer reostat that’s compatible an auto electric place could do it. Let us know

TomBerger

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Sales
I don’t think it’s a problem just need to have a dimmer reostat that’s compatible an auto electric place could do it. Let us know
I will for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!
Sponsored