Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Thank you. Is the axle nut tough without an impact?
Not too bad. Ratchet with a breaker bar on it. Oh and I hope you have a good spring compressor! I went with the 2.5" lift on the Eibachs and it's a $%#& trying to get the springs compressed far enough to get the top hat back on!

It's not a horrible day but at 51 yrs old I'm a bot sore today! haha!
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest pain in the butt was getting the top hat off the existing strut without an impact gun. Eventually had to use hand held torch to burn out the nylon in the bolt. And if I were you I’d remove the axle bolt and pull the axle out of the hub. Made it much easier to get the strut in and out. Need any advice, let me know.
What kind of spring compressor did you use? I grabbed one from AutoZone's loan-a-tool program and it didn't fit my FX4 springs safely! LOL

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Not too bad. Ratchet with a breaker bar on it. Oh and I hope you have a good spring compressor! I went with the 2.5" lift on the Eibachs and it's a $%#& trying to get the springs compressed far enough to get the top hat back on!

It's not a horrible day but at 51 yrs old I'm a bot sore today! haha!
I'm just doing the level, so wouldn't need to do that.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the axle nut removal. Makes things MUCH easier. The nut is torqued to
The axle nut is torqued to 220ft lbs....an impact makes it much easier but a nice breaker bar would probably work also.....just remember to replace the nut as its a one time use per Ford specs....I also replaced all the nyloc nuts when I did mine for piece of mind.

Last edited:

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
+1 on the axle nut removal. Makes things MUCH easier. The nut is torqued to

The axle nut is torqued to 220ft lbs....an impact makes it much easier but a nice breaker bar would probably work also.....just remember to replace the nut as its a one time use per Ford specs....I also replaced all the nyloc nuts when I did mine for piece of mine.
Great. Would you happen to have links to order them?

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
What kind of spring compressor did you use? I grabbed one from AutoZone's loan-a-tool program and it didn't fit my FX4 springs safely! LOL

I had a set of those older spring compressor clamps....set of 2 with "fingers" that go over the spring coils. Tightened each one little by little.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I ordered mine through Ford Parts House
https://www.fordpartshouse.com/
Did they actually have them in stock? I ordered replacements from another large fords parts supplier and they let me know at the time I ordered (in early June) that they were on backorder until July 15. Still haven't shipped.... :(

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Did they actually have them in stock? I ordered replacements from another large fords parts supplier and they let me know at the time I ordered (in early June) that they were on backorder until July 15. Still haven't shipped.... :(
I did mine back in May.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I replaced axle nuts, tie rod, ball joint and end link nuts....basically all the nyloc nuts I removed.
They seem to have them now, but they don't ship here and it's $25 bucks to ship them to my Dads in Philly. What a pain in the ass.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
They seem to have them now, but they don't ship here and it's $25 bucks to ship them to my Dads in Philly. What a pain in the ass.
I reused all of my hardware with a healthy dab of blue thread locker. I figured in the future I would replace the hardware when it was accessible.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I reused all of my hardware with a healthy dab of blue thread locker. I figured in the future I would replace the hardware when it was accessible.
Yeah, I'm about to spend $70 for 2 axle nuts and I'm stuck waiting even longer to get my tires and level done, while filling used tires up everyday. It's pretty annoying. That's what I'll do with the rest of them.
Sponsored