JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I connected it Thursday late afternoon, been driving to work Friday night and tonight, that’s 7 miles one way through traffic. I might try checking voltage in the morning if I have a chance, I didn’t check voltage when I connected wires. White/violet to red, green/black to blue, white to white and yellow/red to black wire
Have to have a trailer hooked up to calibrate too I'm thinking.
Sponsored

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
Have to have a trailer hooked up to calibrate too I'm thinking.
Yeah, I will try that Tuesday afternoon when I am off , work 12 hr shifts can’t do anything with it till then. Looked in manual and the fuses are supposed to be there, has anyone else had problems with aftermarket hookup?

OP
OP
oggvorbis

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Redarc , I installed it and connected the wires but the only thing it does is blue pulse light when I push knob in. I connected to my trailer and dash screen tells me trailer is connected, but still no lights on Redarc knob unless I push it in, don’t know what is wrong
I've towed two different trailers with my Ranger and Redarc Tow Pro Elite, including a 900+ mile round trip to the Grand Canyon from California. When I plug in a trailer, the Redarc is steady blue, and changes to shades of red in proportion to how hard I'm braking. When no trailer is connected, the LED on the Redarc is not lit, unless you press it and it only pulses blue briefly.

If the dash says that a trailer is connected, I'm guessing that the trailer lights works normally, including turn signals and when you brake? If yes then that should mean that your trailer's wiring is good and the 7-pin plug to the Ranger is fine. Does your trailer's brake lights turn on when you push down on the Redarc controller? I'm guessing no since it only pulses blue when you push on it. If the Redarc pulses blue when you push on it, then it must be getting power from the Ranger's yellow/red wire. With a trailer connected, your dash saying its connected, and the Redarc only pulsing blue when you press it, I'm thinking that your Redarc thinks that there is no trailer connected. I'd take a second look at your wires from your Redarc harness to your Ranger's trailer wires, specifically the blue and red wire. The black should be fine since we know the controller is getting power. Theres a good chance that if the splice wasn't terminated well enough that it could have moved or disconnected during your install.

From the install instructions :
5A8D99C7-B1A9-420C-A2A1-E66AB039C6ED.jpeg

If those wires and connections look good and you're still having the same problem, my next check would be using a multimeter and in Ohms mode checking continuity with your Ranger's trailer wires in the kick panel with the 7-pin connector to your trailer to make sure that you don't have a bad wire in there.

Lastly, I hate to ask but just in case...what type of trailer are you connecting after your install? And it does have electric or electric/hydraulic trailer brakes?

Hope this helps and that you get it all squared away. FWIW, my Ranger's been awesome towing the stuff I've needed it to and been enjoying every minute of it and I hope you will too.

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The lights would be flashing green and blue if it needed to be calibrated. Also it automatically calibrates whether you have a trailer connected or not.

2E9E6495-ABFC-42C1-A517-A2113BB9572F.jpeg
Thanks for the info, finally someone with the install manual to help with questions for those of us that haven't gotten them bought or installed yet.

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
I've towed two different trailers with my Ranger and Redarc Tow Pro Elite, including a 900+ mile round trip to the Grand Canyon from California. When I plug in a trailer, the Redarc is steady blue, and changes to shades of red in proportion to how hard I'm braking. When no trailer is connected, the LED on the Redarc is not lit, unless you press it and it only pulses blue briefly.

If the dash says that a trailer is connected, I'm guessing that with the trailer lights works normally, including turn signals and when you brake? If yes then that should mean that your trailer's wiring is good and the 7-pin plug to the Ranger is fine. Does your trailer's brake lights turn on when you push down on the Redarc controller? I'm guessing no since it only pulses blue when you push on it. If the Redarc pulses blue when you push on it, then it must be getting power from the Ranger's yellow/red wire. With a trailer connected, your dash saying its connected, and the Redarc only pulsing blue when you press it, I'm thinking that your Redarc thinks that there is no trailer connected. I'd take a second look at your wires from your Redarc harness to your Ranger's trailer wires, specifically the blue and red wire. The black should be fine since we know the controller is getting power. Theres a good chance that if the splice wasn't terminated well enough that it could have moved or disconnected during your install.

From the install instructions :
5A8D99C7-B1A9-420C-A2A1-E66AB039C6ED.jpeg

If those wires and connections look good and you're still having the same problem, my next check would be using a multimeter and in Ohms mode checking continuity with your Ranger's trailer wires in the kick panel with the 7-pin connector to your trailer to make sure that you don't have a bad wire in there.

Lastly, I hate to ask but just in case...what type of trailer are you connecting after your install? And it does have electric or electric/hydraulic trailer brakes?

Hope this helps and that you get it all squared away. FWIW, my Ranger's been awesome towing the stuff I've needed it to and been enjoying every minute of it and I hope yours will too.
Thanks for the information, I will be checking things on Tuesday, when I plugged in trailer to the truck I did not hitch up to truck , and lights on trailer did work with the truck. I tow a Rpod 178 trailer.

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the information, I will be checking things on Tuesday, when I plugged in trailer to the truck I did not hitch up to truck , and lights on trailer did work with the truck. I tow a Rpod 178 trailer.
88E9F1B1-A058-48F0-A6F5-F487AD79795C.jpeg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'll keep watching what you figure out. I'm looking to buy a Rpod 180 for this summer.

OP
OP
oggvorbis

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, looks like everything you've done should have it working correctly. Sounds like a wiring issue between the Redarc harness and the Ranger tow wires. Give it a good look over with the connections and hopefully it'll clear up.

Good luck!

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, looks like everything you've done should have it working correctly. Sounds like a wiring issue between the Redarc harness and the Ranger tow wires. Give it a good look over with the connections and hopefully it'll clear up.

Good luck!
Well connected trailer today, drove around still no led lights on unit unless I push it in. I respliced the wires. When I push button, it pulses blue and I checked and have voltage on blue and red wires when I push Redarc button in. One thing I did notice is I have a blue wire coming out of 7 plug connector on back of ranger but wire through firewall by lh kick panel is black/green ( that is what my blue wire from Redarc is connected to )
And when trailer connected flasher, turn signals, brake lights work
F4F1E9D3-2AC8-4A55-B789-8697AD21715C.jpeg

Last edited:

srgredranger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Setup tech / Goodyear
Vehicle Showcase
Well connected trailer today, drove around still no led lights on unit unless I push it in. I respliced the wires. When I push button, it pulses blue and I checked and have voltage on blue and red wires when I push Redarc button in. One thing I did notice is I have a blue wire coming out of 7 plug connector on back of ranger but wire through firewall by lh kick panel is black/green ( that is what my blue wire from Redarc is connected to )
And when trailer connected flasher, turn signals, brake lights work
F4F1E9D3-2AC8-4A55-B789-8697AD21715C.jpeg
Well I’m still lost on brake controller install, I have no output on trailer brake on 7 way plug , had a guy at uhaul check my connection plus I hooked up my old controller up same results, checked fuses still no output on trailer brake pin on 7 way plug . Looks like I will be going to dealership

MtMcKenney

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 Sport
Here are a few pics of my Tow Pro Elite installation from two weekends ago. I used a Redarc round mounting panel (part# 331-TPSI-003) which is made for of all things...a Chevy Colorado. It actually looks pretty clean in place of one of the 12V outlets. I had to slightly modify the mounting panel to fit in the hole where the 12V outlet used to be, but otherwise the installation went smoothly. Wires were exactly where they were supposed to be, however the violet wire was partially hidden by electrical tape. The control box is mounted under the steering column with a couple nuts and bolts through the metal cross support. There was plenty of clearance behind the outlet for the control knob body and cat5 cable. To ensure everything works: I towed my travel trailer over 200 miles this past weekend and the brake controller worked perfectly. If anyone has questions, let me know. The total project took about 1.5 hours.

0.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Clean install. Smart use of that CLA. I prefer your solution over the swap to the Aussie panel.(Don’t know what those CLAs are good for anymore. Part-time radar detectors?)

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Clean install. Smart use of that CLA. I prefer your solution over the swap to the Aussie panel.(Don’t know what those CLAs are good for anymore. Part-time radar detectors?)
Quick chargers for devices that draw more power than the built in usb outlets provide.
Sponsored