OP

Vagabond102

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat (Tremor)
Well, got it replaced and it was cracked before I even backed out of the parking spot. Get to do it all again. Will have a factory window, though.
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Well, got it replaced and it was cracked before I even backed out of the parking spot. Get to do it all again. Will have a factory window, though.
That's why mine was replaced a second time. They said it was a 'stress fracture'. Both of my replacements were Ford branded.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Reminds me of the time I chucked a snowball at a car from a ditch when I was a kid. Apparently I wasn't hidden very well. The guy made me pay for the pop he spilled. I got off easy.

Rapid Roy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Ive always used safelite. When I worked for a body shop safelite was always the top choice for windshields when insurance would allow it. If it was mine id feel ok about them doing the install and sensors. however, I would also not trust all the sensors until they were tested in a safe way lol. dont count on the emergency braking or cruise control until you are sure they are working correctly. glad no one was hurt. situations like that have killed people. ive heard stories of the folks throwing stuff at cars getting shot too. cant say i wouldnt. if someone does something that endangers my life or others around me then they have attempted murder so i would have no moral issue at all with fighting back. any chance you have a dash cam or could get footage from the street cameras? would be great to have some evidence to put those folks in jail.
I had a bad experience with safelite I was told I would get an unbranded oem windshield as they could not supply a Carlite. They stuck in a China made FU windshield and said they never told me oem. This was in Sacramento

OP
OP

Vagabond102

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat (Tremor)
Well, got the damaged windshield replaced...and it broke again. 3rd replacement stuck and seems to be fine. OEM glass doesn't seem to be that good of quality (outside of installation).

The real issue after all that was...they didn't clean the glass up very well. I tried myself but ended up with glass embedded in my hands, even through gloves. I ended up taking the truck to get fully detailed. Not an expense I wanted, but I had to do it. I'm not physically capable of much labor anymore due to breaking my back twice.

Thanks for the feedback. In all, Safelite was ok, but I expect to get my vehicle back in the same condition it was in pre-incident, and that was not the case. I also am missing the tint I had on it (the top 6in). This is a conversation I'm having with my insurer. I don't want to pay their premium if they won't provide the services.
Sponsored