LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
***2/22/2019 Update*** Dealer Replaced the Full Rear Seat Assembly and Carpeting

Had to drop my 3-day old ranger off at the dealer for what they determined was a "bent floor pan".

Decided I should test out all the rear seat folding to inspect for issues noted elsewhere here, and the rear seat (what i'm going to call "feet") had the rubber all chewed up from the dealer. Noticed a very slight rattle on bumpy roads prior, which was later explained by it's inaccurate fit when closing shut.

Ford called today to explain that the issue was a bent floor pan, and they'd likely have to send out a Ford Engineer to consult on repair.

Here's to hoping it's a quick and/or painless fix that doesn't introduce other issues.
Sponsored

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear that, sounds like it could have been unsafe if not addressed.

Sending out a Ford engineer is the equivalent of getting a disease named after you, you’re the guinea pig.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
I must not be familiar enough about the truck because I'm having a hard time figuring out whats going on here.

Is the bent floor plan causing the rattle? Does that have something to do with the rear seat bottom not latching? My rear seat bottom latches in the upright position, but not in the down position... I assume this is normal? I'd love a little clarification if you get a second. Good luck on all this.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I must not be familiar enough about the truck because I'm having a hard time figuring out whats going on here.

Is the bent floor plan causing the rattle? Does that have something to do with the rear seat bottom not latching? My rear seat bottom latches in the upright position, but not in the down position... I assume this is normal? I'd love a little clarification if you get a second. Good luck on all this.
Yeah, sorry. This is for the seat cushion where it folds up to reveal the under-seat storage on my Crew Cab. There are to feet that have rubber bumpers on them, and one of them in gnarled to the point of falling off because it doesn't align properly with something in the floor pan. I believe the metal on metal is was was rattling since the rubber was essentially non-existent on one side of this foot.

I haven't seen the truck since I dropped it off on Tuesday, so I unfortunately don't have pictures of the issue from my truck. Here's a pic I found from the T6 Ranger that kind of covers the areas i'm referring to.

floor pan.png

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
^^^ That sucks. As the other proud owner of a truck that spent time in the shop, I feel for ya. Good luck.

PS. I'm surprised if the floor pan was bent that bad that it would still fit flush to the frame and the doors all still fit tight. I guess I figured it would throw off alignment of other things, not just the seat.

Last edited:

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
My rear seat bottom latches in the upright position, but not in the down position... I assume this is normal? I'd love a little clarification if you get a second.
My rear seat bottom latches in the down position. Not very well mind you, as in if I lift hard enough without pulling the nylon release, it pops open, but it latches. It DOESN'T latch down via the big hook on the underside of the seat bottom, it seems to latch down via the same mechanism in the pivot point that keeps it latched up.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like the whole hook and latch for the seat bottom is a giant cluster____. One should not be able to just "lift up on it" and have it come unlatched. I'm sure the Ford engineers are cringing with so many issues on their "new" baby.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delay. They sent out an engineer and ordered a full rear seat assembly and replacement carpeting last week. Dropped it back off on 2/21 to have it installed, but ran into another snafu. Turns out I'm running into the same issue that @uthunter had over here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...rst-ranger-in-the-shop.1609/page-5#post-18641

Apparently when they started removing trim pieces they saw the antifreeze leak path. It's odd because I never had any puddles after picking it up. Though, it was pretty terrible weather around that time, so there was a lot of ice melt puddles in my garage around that point. Hard to tell if I just missed it or not.

So now my interior is completely stripped while they wait for the replacement heater core to come in. likely going to be another week or two until it's all squared away, depending on part shipping times.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay. They sent out an engineer and ordered a full rear seat assembly and replacement carpeting last week. Dropped it back off on 2/21 to have it installed, but ran into another snafu. Turns out I'm running into the same issue that @uthunter had over here: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...rst-ranger-in-the-shop.1609/page-5#post-18641

Apparently when they started removing trim pieces they saw the antifreeze leak path. It's odd because I never had any puddles after picking it up. Though, it was pretty terrible weather around that time, so there was a lot of ice melt puddles in my garage around that point. Hard to tell if I just missed it or not.

So now my interior is completely stripped while they wait for the replacement heater core to come in. likely going to be another week or two until it's all squared away, depending on part shipping times.
@LewisLegacy, sorry to hear that. I wonder if the heater core is going to become an ongoing issue?

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
@LewisLegacy can we marked the original issue solved?
Possibly? I still haven't seen the truck since I dropped it off to have the original issue addressed. Sadly, Ford has had the truck more than me since I bought it. I'll post my updates to the Heater Core issue in the other thread if anything more comes of that, beyond what was already addressed by @uthunter

To the best of my knowledge they identified the issue as isolated damage during assembly to the rear seat frame, which was to be replaced by a new rear seat and replacing the carpeting as well.

I have had the chance to do extended test-drives of a fully-loaded 2019 Explorer and a F-150 King Ranch as loaners while my ranger's in the shop. Went to see Hamilton over the weekend, and the F-150 was fun trying to find parking for...

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly? I still haven't seen the truck since I dropped it off to have the original issue addressed. Sadly, Ford has had the truck more than me since I bought it. I'll post my updates to the Heater Core issue in the other thread if anything more comes of that, beyond what was already addressed by @uthunter.

To the best of my knowledge they identified the issue as isolated damage during assembly to the rear seat frame, which was to be replaced by a new rear seat and replacing the carpeting as well.
That really sucks. OK I can wait until it's released to you.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to update this thread. Still haven't seen my truck since dropping it off on 2/21. The delay has almost exclusively been related to the heater core replacement that I mentioned previously, but I still have yet to confirm any of the initial issues have been addressed.

Tomorrow is the 24th day in the shop since purchase, but i'm really looking forward to getting it back. I'm hopeful that i'll have it back sometime this week. Interestingly that leaves me with only 6 days (over the next 11 months) of in-the-shop time before it's eligible for an Ohio Lemon Law claim if something else crops up, but I'm crossing my fingers that it's not something I need to resort to.

Davor

First Name
Davor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all
Did anyone come up with solution for this? I just picked my Ranger last Friday and the seat does not latch. It su**
Sponsored