Rear Armrest won't come down

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
If anyone can please take a pic of how the strap is attached, would greatly be appreciated.

Others have re-attached the strap, so please share how you did that.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
4 pages later and still no one's stepped up to take a pic ? ...I took the time to empty my rear seat and got the pics...not sure this helps though...

Since I'm rarely back here because my bench is filled with cargo 100% of the time, I had a tough time pulling down the arm rest...probably how Steve broke his tether...I came to realize the best release technique is to pull UP to unlock then forward...pulling forward may or may not release the latch causing unnecessary stress on the tether...
IMG_8082.JPG
IMG_8081.JPG

BWiens21

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I've found if I just pull on the tether it wont release but if you pull the tether and push in slightly on the arm rest it will release easy

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
My rear armrest has been "stuck" in the up position basically since I bought the car. I've always gone through the fast lane and they don't fix things like that. So today I took my truck in for it's 20,000 mile tune up and the rear brake light recall so I asked them to look into it.

They just called me and said the "fix" is to "put your elbow into the leather as you pull on the handle to release the latch".

Doesn't this sound Ridiculous??? Is anyone else having issues with the rear seat armrest getting stuck??

(also, my truck apparently has an oil leak....)
Where is the oil leak I have one as well and apparently several others do too but yeah it is sticky but like the seat latch itself just needs some elbow grease

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to open mine......thought something was broke. Got out the owner's manual (don't tell anyone!) and noted on the pull strap you have to pull 'UP' to release. I was pulling it straight out or down.
Wow reading the manual gave a solution that is unexpected