Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
If I wanted to look at computer rendered images of these vehicles... well we do that all the time. The presenters were green screen, weren't in the room with the vehicles, all we saw were virtual representations of these trucks. Seeing Jay Leno stand next to that real Bronco was badass. Totally different experience. Then they went right back to the AR variant. So disappointing.

Edit: went back earlier. I guess there were a couple points when they had the real deal out earlier on. But that Ranger was 100% computer generated.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Are these new modifications that are going to be available from Ford Performance? I.e. a FP snorkel, FP overland rack, etc?

CrazyIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
The
So the previous two guys posted without any knowledge to answer my question. Anyone else?
The snorkal is not really to avoid getting water in the engine. Its to avoid getting dust in the engine. The idea is to lift the intake point up higher so its hard for fine dust to enter the airbox. The only way you could ford deep water is if your electronics and computer were sealed and modern consumer cars are just not designed with that in mind.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
So the answer is, not that much water will enter the cab. But what is "not too much water"? That's going to be pretty subjective.

The cab is mostly sealed. There are only two spots on the firewall, high up, with heavy rubber grommets for the wiring looms. The doors are indeed double gasketed. But no-one is going to give you an "ip" rating on these trucks. So your question doesn't have a straight forward answer.

Love smartass replies like yours though. My knowledge is restricted to a couple medium-deep water creek crossings. No water intrusion. But I haven't driven through a lake yet.
The cab vents on the back of the cab, located between the bed and the cab, will let water into the cab if you are in deeper than the wheel wells.

1606174641279.png

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
So the previous two guys posted without any knowledge to answer my question. Anyone else?
There are 2 giant holes in the back wall of the cab behind the rear seat, "vents" . You can't close them as far as I can tell. Water would have to be about 18" up sides of truck to get in.

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
The snorkel at least will help with splash resistance and those accidental water over the hood situations. I might add one to my truck at some point, but not top of the list.

If you want to go fully underwater, there's a lot of work to do.
Sponsored