First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Occupation
FD
I'm envious, that really does make it pop.

Unfortunately, on the UK version the tailgate lettering for 'RANGER' is individual transfers, not imprinted :facepalm: . Its just not the same.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I finally ordered my tailgate letters. I went with the Ford stainless steel ones. I hopefully will get them on October 30th when I drive down to get my winter wheels and tires and also get my bed extender that has arrived. That will be three new things in one day!

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I finally ordered my tailgate letters. I went with the Ford stainless steel ones. I hopefully will get them on October 30th when I drive down to get my winter wheels and tires and also get my bed extender that has arrived. That will be three new things in one day!
I think you are gonna be happy.
698D3723-9BE4-4C85-A9F1-5818553CD5F8.jpeg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up my tailgate letters today. I will put them in tomorrow. After screwing up the last letter in the front, I have to admit a little trepidation, but I will be extra careful this time.

The larger letters seem much more substantial than the front ones.

image.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I picked up my tailgate letters today. I will put them in tomorrow. After screwing up the last letter in the front, I have to admit a little trepidation, but I will be extra careful this time.

The larger letters seem much more substantial than the front ones.

image.jpg
The larger ones are much easier and those look like the ABS ones? If they are they take like 10 minutes to put on, just clean the area good with alcohol. So much e easier than the vinyl ones which bend like wet spaghetti.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The larger ones are much easier and those look like the ABS ones? If they are they take like 10 minutes to put on, just clean the area good with alcohol. So much e easier than the vinyl ones which bend like wet spaghetti.
They are from Ford, and feel solid, so I am pretty sure they are the abs ones. I am just heating up the garage and once I think it is warm enough, I will give it a try.

On my Facebook memories, this is the time of year I used to arrive Arizona with all sorts of comments on how warm and beautiful it was upon my arrival. I love it here, but sometimes that warmth would be nice to have.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They are from Ford, and feel solid, so I am pretty sure they are the abs ones. I am just heating up the garage and once I think it is warm enough, I will give it a try.

On my Facebook memories, this is the time of year I used to arrive Arizona with all sorts of comments on how warm and beautiful it was upon my arrival. I love it here, but sometimes that warmth would be nice to have.
I originally put the vinyl letters on my tailgate then changed them out for the ABS ones. They're a breeze to instal....It took me longer to prep the area and peel the plastic off them than it does to set them in place.

Yes it is finally nice out here with warm days and cool nights. I just can't do freezing cold anymore and this is why we suffer through 4 months of inferno heat.

Show weather in my current location.jpg

Last edited:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your right about taking longer to peel off the plastic, than to place them.

I took my time, wore my glasses, had lots of light and they went on easy peasy.

They look great. I will take a picture tomorrow outside, the lighting in the garage did not do them justice.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Been sort of eyeing the raised letters lately, they look nice. I've had black reflective vinyls for about a year now, and the only concern I have is if I change them to raised letters does dirt/grime get into the edges? I already don't like cleaning around the ecoboost badge, will remove it soon. Anyone got close-up pics?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Been sort of eyeing the raised letters lately, they look nice. I've had black reflective vinyls for about a year now, and the only concern I have is if I change them to raised letters does dirt/grime get into the edges? I already don't like cleaning around the ecoboost badge, will remove it soon. Anyone got close-up pics?
I've been off roading a lot since I've had mine and it's really dusty here in AZ and haven't had any dirt get into the edges. I do wash mine quite often but it was really hot here this summer and I went several weeks without washing it and still no issues.

I bought mine on eBay here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254207883685

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I originally put the vinyl letters on my tailgate then changed them out for the ABS ones. They're a breeze to instal....It took me longer to prep the area and peel the plastic off them than it does to set them in place.

Yes it finally nice out here with warm days and cool nights. I just can't do freezing cold anymore and this is why we suffer through 4 months of inferno heat.

Show weather in my current location.jpg
?
IMG_0142.PNG
Sponsored