Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

Discussion in 'Suspension / Chassis' started by Andy, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
    First time truck owner here. How do we best soften up the ride in our Ranger, particularly for un-maintained dirt road applications? We took it up into the mountains today, and it bounced pretty badly over washboards, to the point where it started to rotate a couple times. I'd really like to smooth out the ride and calm down the handling over rough stuff. We weren't even going very quickly.

Is this a tire-pressure thing? We were at 40 psi for all four. How low can we safely run the Bridgestone Duelers?

Going further, do different springs help? Or different shocks? Or both?

We have a bone-stock XLT, and will mostly be using this for outdoor adventures and hauling big objects. No seriously heavy loads anticipated, and no hardcore off-roading planned. I'd like to stay as close to the stock ride height as possible, but level.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. uthunter

uthunter Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
    #452 Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Go check out the video that ICON posted on their Instagram page of their off-road shock package compared to stock... it's pretty impressive. I did the Ford Performance shock upgrade and it's fantastic. That might help stabilize you to where you're more comfortable.

PS. The rear end will inherently kick around more on dirt roads due to the power at the rear wheels and dynamics of a pickups weight distribution... enjoy it and have fun :rockon:

RANGER_MARC likes this.
  3. IdriveG5

IdriveG5 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ranger FX4
    #453 Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    I would lower your tire pressure first, then see if adds enough comfort. What does the door sticker for the Duelers say. Lot of people's seemed to be jacked up way to high from factor. Once I lowered to closer to door sticker comfort increased significantly. If you still want more comfort after that then do suspension upgrade. Tire pressure do make big differences. For a comparison, if I am riding on my mountain bike, if I set the PSI 5 PSI to high, it will feel like I get beat to crap!

4. apotocki

apotocki Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger XLT
    Ok. I’m thinking about adding some height to the front to level things out just a bit. My thought is 1-1.5 inches. I only see spacers running 2 inches or more. Not sure I really want the 2 inches. I did find some spacers that call for a 1/2 inch raise...wondering if I can stack 2 to accomplish the 1 inch minimum I’d like? Appreciate any input.

5. TJMarchand

TJMarchand Active Member

First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
    https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/2019-ford-ranger-leveling-collar Would something like this be it? I am considering these.

6. TKDMasterV

TKDMasterV Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
    Garage Profiles:
    Awesome! I was going to pull the trigger on these exact tires. Glad to see the fit with the 3" level with no issues. I was a bit apprehensive about ordering them and then having troubles with rubbing. Thanks for this review. When I get mine on I'll post.

Kevin Franklin likes this.
  7. BButah

BButah Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
    A lot of members of this forum have gone with the 285’s which always require some modifications. The 275’s are not made by all manufacturers, but I’ve always been a fan of BFG.... and these do not disappoint! You’ll love ‘em! Enjoy!

TKDMasterV likes this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger Sport
    have you guys see this video? I was debating between the Fox 2.0 and Icon and decided to go Icon due to it being only 200 more but after watching this video holy cow! The 2.0 can take some abuse especially going through those whoops.

https://youtu.be/hC5VMhWt-2I

9. TKDMasterV

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Garage Profiles:
  10. BButah

BButah Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    SWEET! That looks great! :thumbsup:
    How do you like the tires so far?

11. FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
    Looks great! Did you paint “Ranger” on the fender or is it a decal?

12. TKDMasterV

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    Garage Profiles:
    Decal From TVD Vinyl

Loving them. Look great, ride nice. Noise isn't much different from factory tires and seems a lot less bouncy. Got to get the speedo set though, just a little annoying when your anal like me.

13. 702

702 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ranger
    Anyone know if the Ready lift 3 inch kit would fit a 2wd ? I see conflicting reports but do like the design more so than just a spacer but might have to go with the fordrangerlifts kit.

14. BButah

BButah Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle(s):
    I'm pretty OCD on details as well. However, regarding the speedo, I have not done anything? First off, I'm not really sure what to do; and secondly, I drive by one of those radar/speed signs just about everyday. My speed when I pass the sign ranges from 35-50mph (I use the digital readout setting on my left display) and the truck speed is always dead on with the sign? Those signs are probably not super accurate; but like atomic weapons and dancing with someone else's wife.... "close counts", right? :blush:

15. FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
    I have 265/70R17 and my speedo is dead on to my phone GPS and I never adjusted anything either.