First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just returned today from a family reunion in Flagstaff, AZ. Only saw 3, 2 whites and a blue during the whole trip. One in the city, two on the freeway. The trip was littered with Jeeps.
To bad I missed you by a week, we're headed up there on Sunday. Yes Flagstaff and Sedona are littered with Jeeps all the time.
Sponsored

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I am on the road everyday in and around the Toronto area I have only seen a handful of them, and only one Tremor which I guess is to be expected as they just hit the dealerships recently and at 54k CAD, I think it makes people think twice.
I find this interesting Tim. I grew in the GTA and now live in Kingston, around here there are plenty of Rangers. I see at least two or three a day and I don't really do much driving at all (short commute). I've observed there are way more old gen Rangers here too. When I'm back in TO visiting friends/family I never see any. I think I've seen one 2019+ Ranger that wasn't mine in the GTA since I bought my truck a year ago.

My theory is that, 1) people in the 416 don't really buy trucks, unless they're truly work trucks in which case they're full-size, and 2) people in the 905 don't want to be caught dead in a "small" truck (keeping up with the Jones' mentality) so they also buy full size.

Maybe I'm over analysing but having grown up in the suburban ratrace hell of the GTA and now having lived in Kingston for 5.5yrs I think it's really the mentality that comes into play here. GTA is all BMWs Audis and big full size trucks (status symbols). Kingston is just (generalizing of course) people buying a vehicle that *actually* suits their needs instead of using it as a status symbol lol.

Whaddya think? Am I off base? ?

Last edited:

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Just did a four week trip across the country, and was amazed at how few Rangers I saw. I swear I've seen more in my town in BC on any given day then I did in any of the places we visited, including areas like Tetons and UT. Plenty of Tacos and F-150s of course. Are they really that rare on the ground?
Seen a few here in OR/WA but but pretty rare. Only one other Scab. No other Cactus Grey. As another poster said it would be hard to get away with anything as I stick out like a sore thumb. Parked next to a new White Tremor the other day and got chatting to the owner, nice guy.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

KsRanger

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ford ranger
I thought the same about the Kansas City area but if you really think about it they've only been around since 2019, and then 2020 covid hit so production slowed and 2021 the chip shortage so I am sure Ford hasn't been able to produce as many as they like. In my area today I saw 4 driving and a couple of neighbors have one. I'm sure once the chip shortage is done we will start seeing alot more of them.
I'm south of op have a blue one also

7CFC1578-754D-4D74-B36B-5D1B1E65EFFC.jpeg

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
I've seen an uptick in Rangers in Pensacola/Milton/Gulf Breeze and Daphne Alabama areas and thereabouts since I purchased mine in February of 2020. I saw one in my apartment complex who might be a resident last week, but time will tell. I will usually see one or two 4-5 days per week.
A bit off topic, but I saw my first actual Bronco (the smaller one) with Texas plates on Interstate 10 between Pensacola and Daphne about 2-3 weeks ago.

Ray_kayak_guy

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Also, just back from road trip across country - New York to Missouri. Sadly, I saw very few as well. I did go to a Ford dealership in St Louis, to ask about some AC questions I had, and asked about Ranger sales for them...they said, "We've sold a ton." What ever quantity a ton means. Still, I didn't see many either.

Vandee

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazdaspeed 3, 2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Scenic Carpenter/CNC Programmer and Operator
I drive Oshawa to Toronto everyday and see maybe 1 or 2 a week. And none seem to care about seeing another Ranger. I get all excited and wave and they look at me like I’m crazy haha

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
This morning at the store. Had to park next to the red one

2487E8B5-118F-4BA7-92ED-1BF5751AD75F.jpeg
See your both using good judgement parking way out in the "nether lands" but having the courtesy not to park too close to one another !!! :like:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We are in Texas right now. The land of trucks. Pretty sure I am the only Ranger in the state. ?
Does that make your truck a Texas Ranger? Couldn't resist. I'm a fellow Texan, BTW, from the once great but now overrun town of Del Rio.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I've seen quite a few over the last year or so since I've bought my Ranger here in the Phoenix area. Probably average 1 a week, including an XL crew cab company work truck that just showed up in a driveway of the cul-de-sac next to mine last week.
Sponsored