Ranger From the North

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
This looks great, and along the line of what I was thinking of doing. Have you noticed any overheating issues since you installed the winch?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Wow Chris, things are moving along nicely and that topper is off the charts for sure. I’m really enjoying seeing this come together - you have some great fabrication skills and an amazing place to work on your truck. Go man, go!

OP
OP
Bluestem

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
This looks great, and along the line of what I was thinking of doing. Have you noticed any overheating issues since you installed the winch?
Hey Mike, I haven't noticed any overheating problems, it was 105 degrees across eastern Colorado and western Nebraska on our way home from Utah this summer and it was fine. It doesn't really block the radiator at all it's the air conditioner condenser that sits lower. I'm pretty sure the 589 fab hidden winch plate will have the winch sit in basically the same location. There are quite a few members that have gone with that one with no issues as well.

OP
OP
Bluestem

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Wow Chris, things are moving along nicely and that topper is off the charts for sure. I’m really enjoying seeing this come together - you have some great fabrication skills and an amazing place to work on your truck. Go man, go!
Thanks Duke! The topper is holding up well so far. I have one small leak around one of the windows that I need address but other than that it is holding up nicely. I am accumulating parts and wires to add some lighting back there, as of now it's barebones. I'll update when I get to that this fall.

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
Hey Mike, I haven't noticed any overheating problems, it was 105 degrees across eastern Colorado and western Nebraska on our way home from Utah this summer and it was fine. It doesn't really block the radiator at all it's the air conditioner condenser that sits lower. I'm pretty sure the 589 fab hidden winch plate will have the winch sit in basically the same location. There are quite a few members that have gone with that one with no issues as well.
Thanks!
My own build is going a bit slower. Seems getting the kid out of the house and into the college only increased the money I'm spending. Funny how that works.
Sponsored