RAM Mounts (My Setup)

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Just curious, how long did it take for you to get your mounts? I placed my order on Friday early afternoon and got an "Estimated To Ship On:" Of 2/11/2020 (+/-5 Days). Which, is the most bizarre shipping estimation I've ever seen in my life.
My stuff all came quick but I ordered most of it through Amazon or GPScity.
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
My stuff all came quick but I ordered most of it through Amazon or GPScity.
I...should look and see if these things are in-stock there and cancel my order. Thanks for the tip :)

CountryDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 Sport
My Rammed cockpit:)
jCriwlT.jpg

ZRogCIa.jpg
Can you show more detail on the setup to the left of the steering? I currently have a window mount there but looking to move it lower out of the windshield.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Can you show more detail on the setup to the left of the steering? I currently have a window mount there but looking to move it lower out of the windshield.
Here you go...need to be brave and pull out the drill though...there's no way to double stick and hold up...I tried...
kt0jlSS.jpg

CountryDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 Sport
Here you go...need to be brave and pull out the drill though...there's no way to double stick and hold up...I tried...
kt0jlSS.jpg
DRAT!! I was hoping it would not come to that. Maybe the pillar would be a better place. At least if you decided to re-sell you could get e new pillar.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
DRAT!! I was hoping it would not come to that. Maybe the pillar would be a better place. At least if you decided to re-sell you could get e new pillar.
Oh I don't know if the air bag would get in the way...perhaps a suction mount to the windshield is your best bet?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow...you really are going for a spaceship...what with the Close Encounter lighting on the outside and all the touch screen tech on the inside...Awesome!!:thumbsup:
LOL...guilty as charged:giggle:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help. You can definitely pick bits and pieces of the mount I have and make something that works for you. That's the beauty of the RAM stuff. Just be aware that the tablet mount is C size (1.5" Ball) and the cell phone mounts are B size (standard 1" ball).
I got my seat mount and tablet mount this week and got them installed last night. Question for you, did you get/use the stabilizer for the seat mount? I was initially going to use it, but it's not long enough to push against the floor and the mount once I put the lower base on it, I need another 1" or so of threads that don't seem to be there.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my seat mount and tablet mount this week and got them installed last night. Question for you, did you get/use the stabilizer for the seat mount? I was initially going to use it, but it's not long enough to push against the floor and the mount once I put the lower base on it, I need another 1" or so of threads that don't seem to be there.
I ran into the same issue. Fortunately it doesn't really seem to be necessary. My mount is plenty stable without it. Post some pics up when you complete your setup!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I ran into the same issue. Fortunately it doesn't really seem to be necessary. My mount is plenty stable without it. Post some pics up when you complete your setup!
Wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I might reach out and ask them about it. I noticed a *LOT* of movement just driving to work today, and if I can cut down on that, I'd like to. I suspect off road it'll be more stable. I was also kind of surprised at just how terrible the install instructions were, there were a few things I would've expected more clarification/pictures on but in the end it wasn't bad.

Here's a mid-install picture and a final picture. I'll get some better ones when it's not dark and shoved into the garage (also, I didn't think my truck was *THAT* dirty, but the pictures make it look awful).
image-20200212_180730.jpg

2020-02-12 20.14.52.jpg

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I might reach out and ask them about it. I noticed a *LOT* of movement just driving to work today, and if I can cut down on that, I'd like to. I suspect off road it'll be more stable. I was also kind of surprised at just how terrible the install instructions were, there were a few things I would've expected more clarification/pictures on but in the end it wasn't bad.

Here's a mid-install picture and a final picture. I'll get some better ones when it's not dark and shoved into the garage (also, I didn't think my truck was *THAT* dirty, but the pictures make it look awful).
image-20200212_180730.jpg

2020-02-12 20.14.52.jpg
Looks good! I'm sure you do, but make sure you have the spacers in under the bolts. Also, I suspect that if you take the whole thing off, you could put the stabilizer leg on one of the bolts closest to the center console. It wouldn't sit flat but it might help just enough. I've been to lazy to try it myself. Lol

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I'm sure you do, but make sure you have the spacers in under the bolts. Also, I suspect that if you take the whole thing off, you could put the stabilizer leg on one of the bolts closest to the center console. It wouldn't sit flat but it might help just enough. I've been to lazy to try it myself. Lol
Yup, I do. After starting to bolt it down without them in and being like wait, this doesn't make sense.

I actually *did* try to put the leg close to the console, it would just dig so much into the carpet and console I didn't want to chance leaving it there. I'm also not super wild about the idea of leaving it on the carpet either without a quick way to remove it for interior detailing.

aklinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
For me, offroad/overlanding. Sometimes for work (site surveys for IT/Infra stuff). Phone is for phone stuff, GoPro for getting some nice hyperlapse footage, and the iPad pro (connected to a Garmin GPS unit) for Gaia GPS or related mapping systems. With Gaia you can load national forest/park vehicle access road maps, overlays for light pollution (I like night photography), or anything else. Plus it records all of my adventures. Coming up will be a radio/haldheld mount for HAM also.
I'm too nervous to take my ranger off-road (for now- I just bought it!) but I want to get a similar setup for my dad for his kawsaki UTV in the UP of Michigan.

Do you know how resource-heavy the gaia GPS app is? I'm thinking I'll get him an older ipad in a rugged case to mount.

I assume you are able to see your tracks and waypoints on a device other than the device that ran the trail, right?

p.s. hello from the Columbus area!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm too nervous to take my ranger off-road (for now- I just bought it!) but I want to get a similar setup for my dad for his kawsaki UTV in the UP of Michigan.

Do you know how resource-heavy the gaia GPS app is? I'm thinking I'll get him an older ipad in a rugged case to mount.

I assume you are able to see your tracks and waypoints on a device other than the device that ran the trail, right?

p.s. hello from the Columbus area!
GAIA GPS' app is actually pretty lightweight. I would expect an older tablet should be able to run it quite easily, I wouldn't at all be surprised if one of Amazon's Kindle tablets could handle it without issues. The biggest thing you'll want to be cognizant of is storage space for offline maps.
Sponsored