Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered for a second if it was the cool kid’s new way to refer to gmrs and frs but in one word ?
Lol I couldn't get that lucky! A 9 month old lab bouncing across me didn't help matters
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have it figured out. No more messing around with dash mounts (inexistent for the Tremor), nor roof consoles from Australia:

I will buy one of these DMR radios and install it under the driver or passenger seat
D578UV-2674x2000.jpg

When this accessory is finally released:
BTMic-253x520.jpg
‘​

FYI Stage 3 Motorsports has the roof consoles. From my conversation with them they have them on hand for south american sales, they just don't openly advertise them here in the states. The S3M rep seemed to indicate not enough inquiries yet by NA sales to list them on the website. Maybe we can change that over time. You have to speak directly to sales to buy one.

Around $340 if I recall.

I am going to be ordering one right after I purchase my suspension from them in the next week or so.

I have been advised (not by S3M) that while they are designed using the ROW's, they will fit our ceilings fine with our factory bits and pieces.

1807c626cc637a59268633b6d8b3bf36.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
FYI Stage 3 Motorsports has the roof consoles. From my conversation with them they have them on hand for south american sales, they just don't openly advertise them here in the states. The S3M rep seemed to indicate not enough inquiries yet by NA sales to list them on the website. Maybe we can change that over time. You have to speak directly to sales to buy one.

Around $340 if I recall.

I am going to be ordering one right after I purchase my suspension from them in the next week or so.

I have been advised (not by S3M) that while they are designed using the ROW's, they will fit our ceilings fine with our factory bits and pieces.

1807c626cc637a59268633b6d8b3bf36.jpg
Definitely interested to say the least with this!!!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just as a side note so no one thinks I'm screwing with them:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ar-contact-rep-in-arb-for-your-company.13675/

Cliff Notes directly from S3M:

Now, they actually do have them in stock in the US, since they sell to South America on the regular, so we can get them, and you won't get hosed on either VAT or exchange rates. They also only have the standard DIN in stock, so make sure your potential radio is compatible with the slot.

THAT ALL BEING SAID, I don't want to add it to the site permanently until we get something more solid on fitment (which hopefully you'll provide us and the wonderful folks of Ranger5g), so give us a call at 623-434-5277 and ask for Lou so we can put in a custom order.
So slightly correction, they don't advertise them for our T7's because they need people to verify fitment. So like I said I'll be ordering one as a guanine pig in the up coming week.

Last edited:

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor

Pirate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Bush Pilot

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Did you order this up and get an estimated ship date?

This is something that I think I want need
No, not yet. Our aging fridge finally had to be replaced, so $1500 went up poof just like that in replacing it. With the impending install of my garage it will probably be September before I get around to order it while I get my pennies stacking again for toys.

I feel like a shit-head cause I told S3M I would give it a go, but it is what it is.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looking at that photo I don't really see a provision for the microphones in our consoles.

Let me ponder this a bit and I might give them a call myself.

Thanks for posting this!

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Was wondering if any of you folks had purchased and installed one of these roof consoles? :)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Was wondering if any of you folks had purchased and installed one of these roof consoles? :)
Still a no on my end. I also believe the price for them is now over $400 because the manufacturer did a price increase. It was already expensive for a piece of plastic, now it has sort of reached the realm of absurdity like most name brand off-road components.

I've been working on an expandable/linkable "platform" system for RAM mounts, so chances are I won't be ordering one and will use my own system.

IMG_20220306_204954.jpg
Sponsored