Odd request; do you have a regular contact rep in ARB for your company?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot get ARB to answer emails or messages on social media.

What I am trying to find out;

1. Can the black aluminum case for the 2500x2500 awning be purchased without the awning components. I am trying to figure out if this is possible and retro fit my standard zipper bagged 2500x2500.

2. Can they get a hold of the overseas Ranger overhead console? I get the price will be increased due to shipping from AU, but at this point even knowing if its possible would be the first step.

I'd gladly pay S3M a middle man fee as I can't get any info.
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I cannot get ARB to answer emails or messages on social media.

What I am trying to find out;

1. Can the black aluminum case for the 2500x2500 awning be purchased without the awning components. I am trying to figure out if this is possible and retro fit my standard zipper bagged 2500x2500.
I don't believe we have a regular rep. That being said, I can see if they sell the cases as replacement parts. That's probably your only hope.

From my understanding, the awnings are all sent over from Oz fully-assembled, and usually, ARB just replaces the whole awning under their warranty if there's an issue.

Still, I'll check.

2. Can they get a hold of the overseas Ranger overhead console? I get the price will be increased due to shipping from AU, but at this point even knowing if its possible would be the first step.

I'd gladly pay S3M a middle man fee as I can't get any info.
Your better bet than going through us or ARB would be to talk to an Australian Ford Dealer directly. I know of a few guys who've contacted Byrne Ford and Peter Warren Ford about getting Aussie-specific parts stateside, but I don't know how successful they were.

Just be cognizant of the time difference.

You definitely don't need to pay us.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe we have a regular rep. That being said, I can see if they sell the cases as replacement parts. That's probably your only hope.

From my understanding, the awnings are all sent over from Oz fully-assembled, and usually, ARB just replaces the whole awning under their warranty if there's an issue.

Still, I'll check.
That is awesome, thank you.

Your better bet than going through us or ARB would be to talk to an Australian Ford Dealer directly. I know of a few guys who've contacted Byrne Ford and Peter Warren Ford about getting Aussie-specific parts stateside, but I don't know how successful they were.

Just be cognizant of the time difference.

You definitely don't need to pay us.
Let me clarify, I am not talking about a stock overhead console, I am talking about an aftermarket one:

696c35f9192072d739f44732c0deb403-jpg.jpg

When I asked this in another thread I was told:

"So that one you are looking at will fit our rangers in the US. I can't remember the name of the company right off but they told me to order through ARB to get it.

Also no modifications needed to the original overhead consol. Just remover old and install new. "

However this was months ago with multiple attempts to get ARB to answer if this was in fact true. I have no idea the market request for this item in the US, but I imagine if S3M could find a supplier you'd find the business is waiting for you.

The AU to US price conversion (product only, not shipping or otherwise) was only about $350

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Let me clarify, I am not talking about a stock overhead console, I am talking about an aftermarket one:

When I asked this in another thread I was told:

"So that one you are looking at will fit our rangers in the US. I can't remember the name of the company right off but they told me to order through ARB to get it.

Also no modifications needed to the original overhead consol. Just remover old and install new. "

However this was months ago with multiple attempts to get ARB to answer if this was in fact true. I have no idea the market request for this item in the US, but I imagine if S3M could find a supplier you'd find the business is waiting for you.

The AU to US price conversion (product only, not shipping or otherwise) was only about $350
Okay. So it took some digging, but I do have good news and bad news for you.

The bad news is that ARB doesn't sell the awning cases as separate part numbers, so you're out of luck there.

The good news is that we can get those overhead consoles stateside. The one caveat is that ARB couldn't strictly 100% confirm fitment on US Rangers. Personally, I think you'll probably be okay on fitment, based on what little I know about the overseas Rangers, but who knows.

Now, they actually do have them in stock in the US, since they sell to South America on the regular, so we can get them, and you won't get hosed on either VAT or exchange rates. They also only have the standard DIN in stock, so make sure your potential radio is compatible with the slot.

THAT ALL BEING SAID, I don't want to add it to the site permanently until we get something more solid on fitment (which hopefully you'll provide us and the wonderful folks of Ranger5g), so give us a call at 623-434-5277 and ask for Lou so we can put in a custom order.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. So it took some digging, but I do have good news and bad news for you.

The bad news is that ARB doesn't sell the awning cases as separate part numbers, so you're out of luck there.

The good news is that we can get those overhead consoles stateside. The one caveat is that ARB couldn't strictly 100% confirm fitment on US Rangers. Personally, I think you'll probably be okay on fitment, based on what little I know about the overseas Rangers, but who knows.

Now, they actually do have them in stock in the US, since they sell to South America on the regular, so we can get them, and you won't get hosed on either VAT or exchange rates. They also only have the standard DIN in stock, so make sure your potential radio is compatible with the slot.

THAT ALL BEING SAID, I don't want to add it to the site permanently until we get something more solid on fitment (which hopefully you'll provide us and the wonderful folks of Ranger5g), so give us a call at 623-434-5277 and ask for Lou so we can put in a custom order.
Guess I need to sell my awning and replace the whole thing, not the worst scenerio in the world. I will call sometime this week. Any idea the price? Was it about $350?

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Guess I need to sell my awning and replace the whole thing, not the worst scenerio in the world. I will call sometime this week. Any idea the price? Was it about $350?
According to my pricing info, retail is $356.72.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If anything I am curious if this ever happend and if so what was the outcome?

Pirate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Bush Pilot
OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
If anything I am curious if this ever happend and if so what was the outcome?
Honest truth is I've been very busy plus other projects have just been soaking up every free minute I have so I have not ordered this item yet. It is still very much on my to-do list but I can only work on so many things at once.
Sponsored