Radar box Adjustment

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I recently had a bad experience with the "soft" brakepedal. At a stoplight the truck went forward and hit another pickup with a tow hitch. No damage to him bent my lower bumper. It did not hit the radar box but since then I get an occasional blocked sensor.
My question is, does anyone know the adjustment for the sensor box. There is an adjustment screw on the left side of the box. I'm thinking it requires a minor tweak. I've pretty much fixed the bumper since this picture.
20200628_122507.jpg
Sponsored

younga01

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2018 Ford Edge
Occupation
IT, Meteorology, and Basketball Coaching
It might help, but I was reading through Ford Performance instructions for the M-18000-RA suspension lift and it included instructions on leveling the adaptive cruise control box. I've attached it.

Attachments

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
So what are you using for the horizontal alignment? What scan tool is the instruction referring too?

OP
OP

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It might help, but I was reading through Ford Performance instructions for the M-18000-RA suspension lift and it included instructions on leveling the adaptive cruise control box. I've attached it.
Wanted to follow up on the box adj.
Did the vertical alignment with the level per specs. This system has never worked better in my opinion. It seems to be more intuitive now. In the past when I approached another vehicle from behind it would brake hard to slow down. Since adjusting it will decelerate and brake slightly if necessary maintaining the correct distance. I couldn't be happier. I did the adjustment in my garage as the floor is pretty level.
Thanks for the info you sent it worked out great.
Sponsored