First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Well this thread really went sideways. It stayed on topic for one page. I hope the OP finally got an answer.
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Made the run from Phoenix AZ to Palm Springs, CA and back this weekend. Left around 9:30 AM from Phoenix on a Friday and got in around 1:30ish. Left Palm Springs at about 9:30 AM this morning and got back by about 3:00ish because we ate at Quartzite and went to the Hi-Jolly Monument.

But out of 530 miles round trip we did not see one single cop, and the Apple Maps App did not register one single Speed Enforcement Area. No cops in town, no cops on the highways, no cops at Checkpoint Charlie when you drive into California where they ask you if you have anything in your car - technically there were agriculture officers there and they may have been sworn but they were pretty far from being an honest to goodness "cop." More Paul Blart than anything.

I was stunned.
On a weekend no one was out doing traffic enforcement.

I set adaptive cruise (wife's car - Supra) at 10 over posted and let it roll. Smooth sailing and a Radar Detector would have done me no good.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
But out of 530 miles round trip we did not see one single cop, and the Apple Maps App did not register one single Speed Enforcement Area. No cops in town, no cops on the highways, no cops at Checkpoint Charlie when you drive into California where they ask you if you have anything in your car
were they defunded?

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
were they defunded?
Honestly, I don't have a clue. My guess is that they were off doing other things. But they did give up a beefy stretch of road that is a prime revenue making engine for little towns along the way like Inyo, Blythe, Quartzite, Salome.
Sponsored