OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I haven't attached the Bumpers to the AVS Bugflector II yet. If I did, would attach them to the Deflector itself to protect the paint.

I can't imagine how the Deflector could touch the paint unless enough pressure was applied to break it or shatter it. I tried to press the Deflector in by hand and couldn't get it anywhere near the paint. It doesn't seem reasonable that the force from the wind while traveling could push the Deflector against the paint? Maybe it is standard practice for the manufacturer to include these in all their kits. Has anyone had any issues or experience with this or any idea why the Bumpers are really needed?

Thanks for your input.

bumpers-jpg.jpg

bugflector-4-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
If you hit some crazy head wind while driving at 70mph, it’s definitely possible it would hit. That being said, it’s probably not needed, but just a safety guard. I always installed those on my previous trucks. I don’t think they would include them if they didn’t have a reason or evidence to since it costs them more money.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Paul, I'm one of those folks that "if it can happen" it'll damn sure happen to me. :) Like you I would stick 'em on the deflector instead of the paint.

OP
OP
OrangeStreak

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paul, I'm one of those folks that "if it can happen" it'll damn sure happen to me. :) Like you I would stick 'em on the deflector instead of the paint.
Murphy's law!

OP
OP
OrangeStreak

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you hit some crazy head wind while driving at 70mph, it’s definitely possible it would hit. That being said, it’s probably not needed, but just a safety guard. I always installed those on my previous trucks. I don’t think they would include them if they didn’t have a reason or evidence to since it costs them more money.
Jesse,
I agree, wind in certain conditions can do some extreme things. However, the Deflector is very strong and rigid being only slightly flexible. I would assume that AVS would have considered such conditions into the technology of the design, but maybe the bumpers are the stop gap if an incident like this were to occur…

Last edited:

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
I stuck the rubber feet on the back of the deflector and not on the paint
Sponsored