First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I've been thinking about getting seat covers to protect my leather, the leather from the factory doesn't seem to great. I'd hate to cover it up only to find the covers wore holes in it later.
I've been feeling the same way, but I want to enjoy the looks and comfort of the leather.

I decided to buy some auto leather conditioner and I've been applying that every few weeks to the seats and all the leather trim like the dash etc. I'm hoping that will help the leather last as long as possible. ?
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I've been feeling the same way, but I want to enjoy the looks and comfort of the leather.

I decided to buy some auto leather conditioner and I've been applying that every few weeks to the seats and all the leather trim like the dash etc. I'm hoping that will help the leather last as long as possible. ?
In cars for normal people, all leather seats have a vinyl layer bonded to the surface. I use Meguiars cleaning products on my interior, including the seats. I used to work with a guy that specialized in real leather interiors. Everything was hand made from his own patterns in Connolly leather. He mostly worked on vintage British cars, Jag, Rolls, Aston Martin. Those were real leather hides, and a full interior cost as much as our trucks and more. Those seats needed fancy leather treatments. Ours don’t.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
These are the fia seat covers. I have the Wrangler Authentic Saddle Blanket covers:
IMG_20200718_075045.jpg

IMG_20200718_075235.jpg

Only had them in a few weeks and it looks like I need to make a few adjustments to the back one and the arm rest cover.
I'm really liking those. In the old days I've used Indian Blanket seat covers quite a bit. Are the covers secure, as in not pulling up and moving around?

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
My Wet Okole's should be shipping in about 2 weeks. They're a bit more expensive but everything I've read says the quality and fit is excellent.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really liking those. In the old days I've used Indian Blanket seat covers quite a bit. Are the covers secure, as in not pulling up and moving around?
I have the same Fia set and they are rock solid - you can also pick up the accessory install kit from coverking which includes a tool for passing belts under seats and other end allows tucking/passing of material. Pretty useful. Also has rubber seat liner (like you would find for drawers and cupboards non skid net so to speak) for seat bottom, also helps, check it out here

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I have the same Fia set and they are rock solid - you can also pick up the accessory install kit from coverking which includes a tool for passing belts under seats and other end allows tucking/passing of material. Pretty useful. Also has rubber seat liner (like you would find for drawers and cupboards non skid net so to speak) for seat bottom, also helps, check it out here

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG
Those look great. Thanks for the link too.

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Those look great. Thanks for the link too.
Yeah, I'll reiterate what FoD said about the Fia covers, they have straps running under the seat that are kind of a pain to adjust and tighten but they certainly aren't going anywhere. I adjusted mine a few times after I installed them but haven't needed to mess with them for the past 3 months. Really glad I spent the money on them and not on cheaper ones.
Sponsored