Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Debating about putting seat covers on the front seats of my 2019 XLT. It only has 2000 miles on it but I'd like to protect the seats as much as possible. Looking for something that looks as close to the factory black as possible that fits great. I'm thinking neoprene might be the way to go??? Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored

Fleckbass

First Name
BRUCE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT FX4 WHITE
I got some cheap Dickie's for $25. I plan to just put them on if wet. They are neoprene. Had one on once. Not bad for the price. If you're looking for high quality, I had ordered some custom for my 96 Ranger from the Auto Supermarket.

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
i went with the Wrangler Series Saddle Blanket seat covers from goFia. They are a little bit more expensive but I've only heard good things from people that have them. They have several different styles. I'll post up some pictures later today.

TKDMasterV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew XLT - Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I bought Ford factory neoprene covers and they suck. They are three piece. Head, back and bottom. The bottom cover will not stay tucked in. I have shoved that thing to the depths of hell with a spatula and a week later it comes creeping out. Ill have to check out those Lucky Man covers thay look nice.

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
These are the fia seat covers. I have the Wrangler Authentic Saddle Blanket covers:
IMG_20200718_075045.jpg

IMG_20200718_075235.jpg

Only had them in a few weeks and it looks like I need to make a few adjustments to the back one and the arm rest cover.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky man seat covers off Amazon is what I went with. I am very happy with them and they fit really good. I got front and back.

8259C7E5-6816-4433-B45D-73673954CEBC.jpeg
Those look nice. ?

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Why not enjoy the seats now then replace the offending seat cover years from now when/if they fall apart? Sure, I get dropping in a seat cover when you are gonna be putting them to the test with some wet/dirty situations but to cover up a nice seat for years seems like a waste.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Why not enjoy the seats now then replace the offending seat cover years from now when/if they fall apart? Sure, I get dropping in a seat cover when you are gonna be putting them to the test with some wet/dirty situations but to cover up a nice seat for years seems like a waste.
That sounds like a good idea but if you want to keep the original look several years from now, or you want to sell it with nice seats there are a couple things that people need to realize. I manage a collision shop and the original cloth seat covers could be difficult to get in several years. Also there is the matter of pricing. These are current Ford prices and they will not go down, only up as the vehicle ages.
Passenger Seat cover $164.33
Passenger Back cover $362.39
Drivers Seat cover $164.33
Drivers Back cover $352.53
Total cost of replacing original seat covers $1043.58 plus $37.82 for each headrest cover. There is also a difficulty level of installing original OEM seat covers which are much more difficult to install than A/M seat covers. To install OEM seat covers you need to remove the seats which then requires a calibration of the electrical systems because when you unplug a seat the calibration for weight and position will be off which could alter airbag timing.

This is why it makes sense to put on nice A/M seat covers if you eventually want to go back to the original OEM seat look. Just my 2 cents and everyone has to make their own decision but this might help those wondering if they should get A/M covers that are on the fence. My goal is to find a set that have a great fit and look fairly close to the originals.

Thanks for listenting/reading my rant. LOL

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like a good idea but if you want to eventually have it look original several years from now, or you want to sell it there are a couple things that people need to realize. I manage a collision shop and the original cloth seat covers could be difficult to get in several years. Also there is the matter of pricing. These are current Ford prices and they will not go down, only up as the vehicle ages.
Passenger Seat cover $164.33
Passenger Back cover $362.39
Drivers Seat cover $164.33
Drivers Back cover $352.53
Total cost of replacing original seat covers $1043.58 plus $37.82 for each headrest cover. There is also a difficulty level of installing original OEM seat covers which are much more difficult to install than A/M seat covers. To install OEM seat covers you need to remove the seats which then requires a calibration of the electrical systems because when you unplug a seat the calibration for weight and position will be off which could alter airbag timing.

This is why it makes sense to put on nice A/M seat covers if you eventually want to go back to the original OEM seat look. Just my 2 cents and everyone has to make their own decision but this might help those wondering if they should get A/M covers that are on the fence. My goal is to find a set that have a great fit and look fairly close to the originals.

Thanks for listenting/reading my rant. LOL

Scott
If anyone is interested here is current pricing and parts break down for an XLT heated drivers seat. Covers pricing is the same for not heated but the seat pads are more money with heat.

IMG_20200720_085254.jpg

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
These are the fia seat covers. I have the Wrangler Authentic Saddle Blanket covers:
IMG_20200718_075045.jpg

IMG_20200718_075235.jpg

Only had them in a few weeks and it looks like I need to make a few adjustments to the back one and the arm rest cover.
I REALLY like these!

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
I'm digging them so far as well. I like the pattern, they fit really well, are super comfortable, and it brightens up the cab a bit. They should last a good long while also.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I've been contemplating adding front seat covers at least (because I DO want to protect the originals) and am wondering if any of you find the addition of the covers hinders the effect of the heated seats much? I LOVE my heated seats, and really don't want to screw them up by capturing and holding too much heat in the seat itself because of the cover, nor do I want to reduce by too much the effectiveness of the seat heat.

Does that make sense?

StarLord

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX4
IMG_20200718_075045.jpg

IMG_20200718_075235.jpg

I have these as well, they are great! A bit pricey but good quality and good fit! I got mine through the dealership for a decent price.

OP
OP
peterson1604

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been contemplating adding front seat covers at least (because I DO want to protect the originals) and am wondering if any of you find the addition of the covers hinders the effect of the heated seats much? I LOVE my heated seats, and really don't want to screw them up by capturing and holding too much heat in the seat itself because of the cover, nor do I want to reduce by too much the effectiveness of the seat heat.

Does that make sense?
As long as they are made with fire resistant materials it's ok. It's probably hard to find covers that aren't fire resistant these days.
Sponsored