SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like it dying was just a glitch as it's happened to a few others here before. Some have had to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to rest things. Do you drive it all the time or does it sit for several days? Also when driving is it a short commute? I always have a battery maintainer connected if I'm not going to be driving mine for a day or two. Most of my jobs are local and within 10-15 minutes so the battery doesn't get a good charge. The heat does a number on these batteries and I've already had a battery replaced under warranty in the first 18 months so it's a good idea to have that checked.
I have a 2019 and I'm on my 3rd battery! All within warranty.
Sponsored

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thing happen to me. One morning I go to start the truck, completely dead. No lights on, dings, dash lights, etc. just plain dead. Used a voltmeter and battery was 12.8-12.9 so I figured it had plenty of juice. I ended up disconnecting my negative for about 2 minutes and reconnecting. She came back to life. I used forscan a few days later and changed my battery charge from 75% to 90% percent. I haven’t had the issue since, but I do carry a 10mm wrench now in my front door pocket just in case lol
I've seen a few folks with this issue, disconnecting the neg. cable is what I would have done also. Sounds like a software issue...damn computers

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Hexhead

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge promaster
Occupation
retired
Yep I will definitely make sure I have my tools so I can disconnect the battery as a backup plan.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So my wife's Everest(Ranger based SUV) here in the Philippines does that once in a while. Just wait a bit, and no issues. So certainly something within the computers and/or software from Ford.
Sponsored