Price of used 5g Rangers

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Well yesterday was a bad day . Took the Ranger in for a front end alignment and when I picked it up I noticed another vehicle had rolled into the rear bumper :(

ranger bent.jpg
Thats not just a "rolled" into it. someone hit it hard.
I was just recently rear ended by a teenager in a silverado. The repair estimate is at $2500 so far

IMG_2097.JPG
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear Benny, was this at the shop? Were they at least honest enough to leave a note of tell someone inside? This one (of many) reason I put a dash cam in mine this year. Hopefully there's parts I stock and you can get it fixed soon.
No camera's there but they explained a F-150 rolled back into it while in neutral . They are taking responsibility right now so just gotta get parts and it over to a repair shop . Sadly they are back logged right now and replacement parts may be awhile also :(

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Look for used prices to stay high for a bit...

Semiconductor Shortage Worsening

On Tuesday I was offered the highest cash price so far, well above what I said I would accept if offered (again).

Every time I get an offer that exceeds what I tell myself I'll accept, I nudge that acceptable number up just a little.

I'm like my wife deciding on which restaurant to go to:

It sounds great until that's what I'm offered, then it's "No, I think I want something else."

OP
OP
mustang marty

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy

On Tuesday I was offered the highest cash price so far, well above what I said I would accept if offered (again).

Every time I get an offer that exceeds what I tell myself I'll accept, I nudge that acceptable number up just a little.

I'm like my wife deciding on which restaurant to go to:

It sounds great until that's what I'm offered, then it's "No, I think I want something else."
Try finding another one you really want , not much in stock .

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Well, scratch that previous comment about it being the highest ever.

That number just got exceeded yet again.

I'm seriously thinking I may accept this offer and just sit on the cash until Maverick prices stabilize, unless Ford botches its rollout like they did the Bronco.

It's a great time to sell a car but a terrible time to buy a car, so I'll just drive my Jeep for a while if I do accept it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, scratch that previous comment about it being the highest ever.

That number just got exceeded yet again.

I'm seriously thinking I may accept this offer and just sit on the cash until Maverick prices stabilize, unless Ford botches its rollout like they did the Bronco.

It's a great time to sell a car but a terrible time to buy a car, so I'll just drive my Jeep for a while if I do accept it.
Seeing as you have another good vehicle to drive I would take the money and run. Maybe by the spring the Maverick will be available at a decent price. If you're up for a road trip you could always contact Granger Ford in IA to see what they have for deals?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Seeing as you have another good vehicle to drive I would take the money and run. Maybe by the spring the Maverick will be available at a decent price. If you're up for a road trip you could always contact Granger Ford in IA to see what they have for deals?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

And Dave, you'll be happy to know that the Maverick does NOT have a damper on the tailgate so you will soon have an entire new fleet of clientele awaiting you ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

And Dave, you'll be happy to know that the Maverick does NOT have a damper on the tailgate so you will soon have an entire new fleet of clientele awaiting you ?
That's great to know Dennis, this could help my retirement fund. ?

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Funny my dealership wanted to offer me 38k... I couldnt part with my ranger but yea new rangers are scarce but they had plenty of the new f150s

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
The dealer's stopped calling me about buying mine back, got rear ended and filed an insurance claim (damage wasn't that bad just jacked up the bumper and the plastic fascia panels, no frame damage) that shows up on the carfax. once that happened the calls stopped. Not sure I would buy a 21+ Ranger or Ford for that matter, seems like the buildmanship has gone down on them recently. My 19' has been damn near perfect.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
The dealer's stopped calling me about buying mine back, got rear ended and filed an insurance claim (damage wasn't that bad just jacked up the bumper and the plastic fascia panels, no frame damage) that shows up on the carfax. once that happened the calls stopped. Not sure I would buy a 21+ Ranger or Ford for that matter, seems like the buildmanship has gone down on them recently. My 19' has been damn near perfect.
Why do you think BQ has gone down hill?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I will pay way less than those for my new 21 SCREW 302A 2WD XLT in CG. But if ppl gotta have it now gonna get screwed.
Sponsored