Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I still can not believe the high price of used 5g Rangers in pop up ads nationally and in my area . Wow I get offers from my dealer ( Tasca ) every week . But I love my saber Ranger and what about the price of a new one ? Tempting but I will keep my 19 Super cab .Can not do another damper lol .
I'm a one damper guy too... ?
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Part of me wonders if that is why I got a decent deal on my XLT (with no extras) brand new. The sticker price was lower than what they wanted for two used Rangers on the same lot; with less stuff.. XLs with 10k+ miles; one being a supercab. Give someone bargaining power on the used two.... look at the MSRP on that one! Maybe?

That or it was because they had some fool in the building asking for it as it was rolling off the delivery truck (literally). They didn't know they had it. I was pissed off at another dealership who tried to screw with me and saw it online and liked the options/price vs what I ordered on a Maverick. Also, I knew my trade-in had lost compression in number 2.. so it was time to get something ASAP and not wait on them to start building the Mav.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Dealer I bought my Ranger from recently got a used 2020 SuperCrew RWD XLT mid (301A) trim on the used lot. Almost 18k on the odometer and they are asking $35,695. It's got a few options (factory bed liner, remote start, ele-locking diff, towing package....). But the window sticker on it when new was only $34,860.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Dealer I bought my Ranger from recently got a used 2020 SuperCrew RWD XLT mid (301A) trim on the used lot. Almost 18k on the odometer and they are asking $35,695. It's got a few options (factory bed liner, remote start, ele-locking diff, towing package....). But the window sticker on it when new was only $34,860.
Just for the hell of it I listed my 2020 Lariat S/Cab 4x2 loaded to the hilt for sale on FB marketplace.
Asking price was 41K, in the first hour I had 8 inquiries...
This despite it being a S/Cab, 4x2 and red, I paid 37K for it out the door in Jan. 2020.
BTW, it's only been driven 410 miles, odometer pic available upon request...

20200119_100105.jpg

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
MIne had a sticker price new in 2019 for $44,650. Supercrew, Lariat, FX4, Sport trim, Tech package.

I test drove a couple of full size trucks because I was thinking of going back to a full size truck.

Checked out a Ram truck which was $54,725 and was offered $34,000 for a trade, $21,000 for the Ram with my trade out the door.

Drove a F-150 which was $56,510 and was offered $24,000 for a trade, $31,000 for the Ford with my trade out the door. WTF Ford. These guys gave me the worst deal ever and I have done business with them before.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was looking for a used full size truck back in Sept/Oct '21, Ram Rebel. Test drove a few but couldn't agree on a price since dealers were not budging. Plus they were low balling me on my JKU trade in value.

The next month I start seeing used prices above MSRP. ABOVE!! So a 3 year old truck with, say, 30k miles was more money than it was new 3 years ago. Its crazy. Blows my mind anyone would pay that.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I just bought my new XLT Tremor for $38,500

These dealers are nuts. The market is starting to cool off.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Is there anything in place to prevent flippers from ordering?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I just bought my new XLT Tremor for $38,500

These dealers are nuts. The market is starting to cool off.
Inflation is driving up interest rates so many big purchases are cooling off now.

The housing market will be getting downright chilly if rates keep going up.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I guess I wonder why there are so many 2021 and newer used Rangers with less 30,000 miles for sale. Warranty isn't even up. Why are these buyers giving up on their rangers?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I guess I wonder why there are so many 2021 and newer used Rangers with less 30,000 miles for sale. Warranty isn't even up. Why are these buyers giving up on their rangers?
Because they're making a profit on a new vehicle.

I've pondered selling mine on several occasions when I received offers that were thousands more than I paid.

In the end, the Ranger is what I want and it's paid for, so I wouldn't be getting out of a payment by selling it.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I think some line up their next vehicle before the 36k warranty expires so it can still be listed as "under warranty" when they sell

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Because they're making a profit on a new vehicle.

I've pondered selling mine on several occasions when I received offers that were thousands more than I paid.

In the end, the Ranger is what I want and it's paid for, so I wouldn't be getting out of a payment by selling it.
I was considering selling my '20 Lariat for 5K over what I paid for it last year and had listed it on FB Marketplace just to gauge the public's reactions.

In the first day it was listed I had a dozen or so responses.

However, because I waited so long for Ford to release the present Ranger for sale, the 5 month wait to actually receive it and the global supply snafu everything and everybody are now experiencing, I've wisely decided to keep it.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I can understand some paying more to get it now because they NEED it. But we have become such a society to get it now with credit even if it's 2000 over MSRP if new but already used. Strange. But maybe they figure someone will bail them out like their parents always did and the government so often does.
Sponsored