Post your off-road pics.

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
The only regret I have from purchasing is no locker. Which you don't even need the FX4 package for, I just wish there were actual options for our trucks in the aftermarket (ARB's air solution is a non-starter at ~$2k just for parts).

As for the air dam, I almost never notice it's there. I've definitely hit it quite a few times and it's gotten pretty scratched up, but I've never torn it off or had it really get in my way with anything. I've also done no suspension changes yet either, only going to 32" tires from stock. I'm going to be getting the ARB OME setup when I can get it in stock, but honestly I have no regrets over not getting the FX4 package or not swapping to an FX4 skid.
Awesome, thanks for the input.
Sponsored

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
Getting to be that time of year when a fella starts yearnin' for some mountain trails. Here's my girl on Engineer Pass last summer. Going back this year for Imogene Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, and others.

Engineer Pass.jpg

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
20210411_165903.jpg

Needs more flex ?
Quick disconnect links coming soon. Then to work on leafs for more compression, but I'm sure my fox struts are most limiting on the droop.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
20210411_165903.jpg

Needs more flex ?
Quick disconnect links coming soon. Then to work on leafs for more compression, but I'm sure my fox struts are most limiting on the droop.
Which disconnects are you going with?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
20210411_165903.jpg

Needs more flex ?
I think these trucks rely a lot on the bump stops during compression. I feel like I get a bit more flex out of the back when I have a bunch of weight loaded into it and it's able to compress the bump stops more... might be interesting to try some softer ones. Also longer shackles help a bit with more droop.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Which disconnects are you going with?
Going with ones sold by a member on here
https://squaretailmfg.square.site/s/shop
I'll be posting about them when I get them installed and try them out

Did you make it out unscathed?
As always ;). There was some sketchy moments. I found that MT tires going downhill on ice means no brakes. Probably slid 200yards at like 14%. I mean the frame and skid plates get beat, but nothing body wise. Tires and a level made a huuuge difference.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
I think these trucks rely a lot on the bump stops during compression. I feel like I get a bit more flex out of the back when I have a bunch of weight loaded into it and it's able to compress the bump stops more... might be interesting to try some softer ones. Also longer shackles help a bit with more droop.
I wonder if with the fox shocks, that I can get smaller bump stops. Because the bump stops are usually for protecting the struts. I'm unsure if they have a different max compression than stock

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Going with ones sold by a member on here
https://squaretailmfg.square.site/s/shop
I'll be posting about them when I get them installed and try them out

As always ;). There was some sketchy moments. I found that MT tires going downhill on ice means no brakes. Probably slid 200yards at like 14%. I mean the frame and skid plates get beat, but nothing body wise. Tires and a level made a huuuge difference.
Thanks!!

And one of many reasons I refuse to ever run Mud tires. Anything other than mud and dry pavement and they might as well be slicks.

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Thanks!!

And one of many reasons I refuse to ever run Mud tires. Anything other than mud and dry pavement and they might as well be slicks.
True. I have winters for winter though. There is just still snow and ice in the mountains. I find mut tires even handle pavement poorly. But I offroad enough to justify them.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Getting to be that time of year when a fella starts yearnin' for some mountain trails. Here's my girl on Engineer Pass last summer. Going back this year for Imogene Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, and others.

Engineer Pass.jpg
In going to need some info on that roof rack. I don't want to drill into the cab but want the low profile like that. Yours looks great!

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
In going to need some info on that roof rack. I don't want to drill into the cab but want the low profile like that. Yours looks great!
See my reply to a similar question ina different post HERE. No drilling required.

Last edited:

Ranger305

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired!
Vehicle Showcase
We will have to get a ranger trail run going in the fall!
Say the word, man! I plan on being there in early to mid September and would love to do some trails with other Ranger guys - or gals.
Sponsored