RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So the following week after going to Pine Barrens we went to Famous Reading Outdoors. Went through mostly rocks and light dirt. Very dusty though but had a good time as always.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0362.JPG
It would have been interesting to see what the Terrain management system and/or the rear locker would have done on those loose rocks.

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It would have been interesting to see what the Terrain management system and/or the rear locker would have done on those loose rocks.
That kind of loose rock is always tricky. Unless you have beadlocks, are aired down to 10 psi with Trepadors, you’ll always spin wheels and rock.

Truck looks good.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I don't have either. I could of aired down the tires more for better traction. I also shifted to S and kept it in first gear which I felt like it helped in some way.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That kind of loose rock is always tricky. Unless you have beadlocks, are aired down to 10 psi with Trepadors, you’ll always spin wheels and rock.

Truck looks good.
Yeah, it did really well. I'm just always interested in seeing real world testing of the tech on the Ranger. It sounds great and I've heard a few reports of how well it works, but more confirmation is always good.

The truck does look really good!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Vehicle Showcase

Truck looks good.
You're right it was tricky and my first time. The wheels did spun a few times but not so much to wear I would kick back rocks to the guy behind me.
Thank you

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't surprise me at all - the gaps on the sides of the tailgate are pretty large. I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN5QG8/

And it made a huge difference in dust in the bed under my tonneau cover.
Yeah, I have one of those, I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to actually work. The sides appear that they'd have to be attached behind the latch almost at the end of the taillights and it wouldn't help much on the bottom. Do you have pictures of how you installed it?
Sponsored